Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamStation vs AirSense
DreamStation vs AirSense
I bought a PR DreamStation after an online chat with a rep at Supplier #26. I asked her to compare the DreamStation with the ResMed AirSense. She said both were good machines, that the ResMed was smaller and lighter, while the DreamStation had a slight edge with comfort features. On the basis of that info, I went with the DreamStation. But so far I am not getting good control of AHI events. Much of the problem is mask leaks. I have "slippery hair." I am trying different headstraps to try to control the slippage. But even when the leak figures are OK (which is mostly when I am napping in a recliner and not moving my head), I get an AHI figure of up to 20. I did not have a recent sleep study, so do not have a baseline figure for comparison. But after reading posts on his board, I am wondering if I need a different machine altogether (that is, a ResMed).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation vs AirSense
Hi PaulaBunyan. The issue of mask comfort and leaks is quite different from the question of which is the "best" machine. So whatever machine you have, it's necessary to get the mask under control before you can really distinguish between the machines.

Having said that, there have been various studies - some better controlled than others - which generally score the Resmed higher than the Philips in terms of avoiding and controlling apneas. The Resmed is generally more aggressive and faster to react to precursor events like snoring, flow limitations etc. Consequently it prevents many apneas before they occur.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamStation vs AirSense
If your OSA is mainly flow limits, RERA and hypopneas then the Resmed machine is literally night and day better than the Dreamstation, from an owner of both machines. Can’t comment on more apnea based OSA as that’s not me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 165 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 612 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 644 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C pixpop 5 278 02-22-2024, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,183 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Transition from DreamStation 2 to AirSense 10 prince01 16 1,036 12-17-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: prince01
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 578 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.