Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] DreamWear mask design question
Question 
DreamWear mask design question
Just curious. Can any other DreamWear user explain what the second thinner head strap is for, as shown here?
[Image: 16730436_10154988069659054_2970963124452...e=5931899A]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: DreamWear mask design question
Don't know what PR had in mind, thought it might be because some folks have a more pronounced lump in the back of their heads.  Some with longer hair have used it, though, to keep the strap from slipping:

[Image: 714yX-XQ1mL._SL256_.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
I suspect they are specifically designed to pop your ponytail through as I do exactly the same as the photo above
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm unable to sleep with a ponytail. But I just assume the smaller elastic is for additional support. Who knows?! LOL
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, tried that and it was more uncomfortable. I have to put both bands below my hair. I can't wait for a new and improved design.
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine has been sliding up on me lately... since I got the heated hose.  I wish it could grip better, or just stay in place.  Then again, the minimalism is why I love this mask so much.

I may try flipping that headgear upside down, just to see if that helps at all.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was warned by the clinician that it rides up at the back.  A design fault maybe?  It is very new to the market.  Saying that I wouldn't change it because the front is so beautifully comfortable to wear
Post Reply Post Reply
I have Dreamwear. Unless I put my hair in a pony tail it's useless. Can't keep it on. One or two straps.. It needs a third and forth one lol.

Still have it. Quit using it though.
Post Reply Post Reply
After several months use the headgear started to fall apart despite regular washing, cost here in Oz is a big dent in $100 JUST for the heagear, Phillips basically told me it was a consumable and to go away.
So my wife being handy with a sewing machine made me new headgear out of 2mm thick neoprene, she sewed strips of velcro on to allow it to attach back on itself. The best bit is you can make it whatever shape/size suits you. It works well and is easily washed and very durable unlike the original. We started out with a similar shape to the original without the gap between the two bits so it is wider and grippier than the original.
I don't have much hair as I'm nearly bald just a thin strip around the back so I guess skin oils etc break the rubbery stuff on the original headgear down, the neoprene is much better.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dear Shortys Wife
I think you may have started something, bespoke headgear! I'm useless with a sewing machine but my mother is a whizz, I feel a visit to her coming on.
Many thanks
FP
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP compressed air path design, foam, filtration & maintenance MaNoise 10 223 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
Last Post: MaNoise
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 141 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 291 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 482 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz
  Philips DreamWear FFM mask size question cps22 0 332 11-09-2023, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear/F30i Rebdr 1 512 11-03-2023, 07:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.