Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dreamstaion Auto Sound Question
Dreamstaion Auto Sound Question
I just bought Dreamstaton CPAP Auto for two nights use
The machine moter itself is quiet and the tube is ok

What disturb me is the breathing sound comes from the nasal mask especially under high pressure running

Any way in the machine setting that can help to improve it?

I don't encounter such problem when I use F&P Icon Auto

I find a part called Q-tube miffer from HDM. Will it be helpful?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstaion Auto Sound Question
I have not bought the humidifier to attach the main unit.
The air directly flow from the main unit to the mask
Is this the reason that cause the breathing sound?

My F&P CPAP has built in humidifier
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not tried it myself, but others have reported that the DreamStation can have this problem if you are not using the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like you are hearing the nasal mask vent. The quietest vent on the market is the Resmed Airfit P10. If the venting air still bothers you when you're ready for a new mask, give it a try.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I doubt it is that.  The Eson has a very effective diffuser (nylon mesh, similar to the intake filter) over the outlet.  It is almost as quiet as the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
Out of curiosity, I tried my DreamStation Auto without the humidifier, and it was LOUD! Way too loud for me to be able to sleep with.

So... I'd recommend buying & attaching the humidifier, even if you don't use it
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2017, 11:49 AM)Hydrangea Wrote: Out of curiosity, I tried my DreamStation Auto without the humidifier, and it was LOUD!  Way too loud for me to be able to sleep with.

So... I'd recommend buying & attaching the humidifier, even if you don't use it
Thank you for your advice
Have you used the humidifier and see the difference?
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yeah, I use the humidifier religiously. Can't sleep without it (it's too loud).
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2017, 07:04 PM)Hydrangea Wrote: Oh yeah, I use the humidifier religiously. Can't sleep without it (it's too loud).

Yes, I think this is the cause of sound isse. I tried three machine before
1.F&P Icon Auto with built in humidifer - no sound issue
2. Dreamstation without humidifer - have sound issue but can tolerate.
3. Transcend Auto without humidifer - very loud noise

I think the logic behind is the water tank help to neutralize the sound and pressure before flowing to the hose vent
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the logic is more likely "everyone will use the humidifier so we don't have to worry about the noise when there is no humidifier".  I've used a Resmed S7 (very old) without a humidifier and did not notice the noise.  With modern machines the humidifier seems to be considered "standard equipment".
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  White/Brown Sound? MoneyPit1946 7 184 03-16-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: MoneyPit1946
  ASV machine making weird sound on startup and when mask is disconnected kc90 7 285 02-08-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Cannot get water chamber flush with machine, making awful sound like a vacuum kc90 2 210 02-07-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: kc90
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  [Equipment] DS2 Making whirring sound when inhaling egg 5 1,873 12-28-2023, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Agent Smith
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,000 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.