Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dreamstation Changing DME
Dreamstation Changing DME
Is it possible to change / delete the DME info from dreamstation so that it can be re-assigned to another provider ?

I bought a US dreamstation for use in another country .
Everything works but when I took it into a new provider it appears to be locked to the original DME
and he is not able to change it .

Any ideas of how to change/delete the original DME details.

If it can not be changed what happens with all the used locked  machines ......bin them so Philips can sell more ?
Philips & Resmed here, refuse to touch any machine not bought locally, not even at at fee.
What happens if you are overseas and your machine plays up.

Huhsign Dielaughing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Changing DME
Nothing is actually locked. For one thing, if you own the machine, you can disconnect it from all providers by removing the wireless module and putting that on a shelf. I assume it's as simple as: Power machine off; open accessory door; unplug and remove module; close door; power machine on. Then your machine is purely yours.

But if you do want your current doctor and/or DME to be able to get the summary (compliance) data that are transmitted to Philips via the wireless module, you'll need to leave the module in and negotiate with the doc and/or DME. It was mentioned in another thread here the other day that a doctor or DME employee who uses the Philips Encore software can put the machine's serial number into that and pull the machine's uploads out of the Philips database.

The full data are available only via the SD card in any case. The wireless module transmits only the summaries for compliance checking: hours used, AHIs, etc.

To get help with tuning the machine for your best therapy, one possibility is to do an end-run around all of the formal personnel wherever you're at, and post Sleepyhead charts here for the chart-interpreting experts to comment on. To do that, you don't need the wireless module at all, just the SD card and Sleepyhead running on a computer.

Also, if you don't already have a "clinical manual" or setup manual for your machine, follow the "CPAP Setup Manuals" link at the top of the web page here on AB to request a PDF by e-mail. That's in addition to the more basic owner's manual (or patient's manual) for the machine, either on paper or as a PDF. If you don't have that, you can download a PDF from a Philips web site. But the more advanced setup manual is available only via e-mail, by request.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2019, 09:32 AM)Fats Drywaller Wrote: But if you do want your current doctor and/or DME to be able to get the summary (compliance) data that are transmitted to Philips via the wireless module, you'll need to leave the module in and negotiate with the doc and/or DME.  It was mentioned in another thread here the other day that a doctor or DME employee who uses the Philips Encore software can put the machine's serial number into that and pull the machine's uploads out of the Philips database.

The full data are available only via the SD card in any case.  The wireless module transmits only the summaries for compliance checking: hours used, AHIs, etc.
I found the workarounds and they will help', I understand all that,
But I'm looking for a way to delete / change the DME details.
Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
Forgive what may be a silly question, but how is the machine "locked" to a particular DME? Is there a password on the clinical settings or some such? I understand that mobile phones are often "locked" to a particular telco, but I don't understand how this would be done with a CPAP machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
You should be able to go into the clinic menu and reset the machine. It will erase all the data on it and reset the therapy hours to zero though.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Uh-oh ... is this a situation where a Dreamstation has had a PIN assigned to it by a DME (in this case a previous owner's DME)? That didn't even occur to me until now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this the 4-digit PIN we talked about last year starting here http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid252098

If you read through the thread, it is pretty easy to do a factory reset and clear the PIN. You can then set your own PIN or update the firmware to the latest version 1.1.7 where that feature was apparently removed. A reset will erase all data, but I think you can keep your data on the SD card and in Sleepyhead. The Dreamstation firmware update and instructions are available in the Member Private Files and Links.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2019, 08:36 PM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Forgive what may be a silly question, but how is the machine "locked" to a particular DME? Is there a password on the clinical settings or some such? I understand that mobile phones are often "locked" to a particular telco, but I don't understand how this would be done with a CPAP machine.

I'll like to know that, too.
also where is is stored,
where can it be viewed
what is the possibility of DME removing themselves, if requested
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-17-2019, 09:24 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ... or update the firmware to the latest version 1.1.7 where that feature was apparently removed.

Excellent! I wonder whether they did that because of many complaints from patients.

By the way, is 1.1.7 available here on AB? I saw 1.1.2 a while ago, but nothing later. I'm asking because I'll eventually be buying a DS Go (not via insurance) and it's conceivable that I'll be getting one from old stock that hasn't had its firmware updated recently.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's my recollection the newest version ditched the PIN, but I'd be glad to see confirmation or have that refuted by someone that is using it. The firmware updates are in the Private Files and Links.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 208 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea NewlyDiagnosed 8 402 02-26-2024, 05:08 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Changing CPAP Machine & DME/Insurance & Supplies StratCat48 3 275 02-10-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Changing Motor on AirCurve10 ASV Stockton2Malone2 1 277 01-22-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Surprised Apap- changing settings Swsch2985 2 402 01-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Insurance Compliance and Changing My Own Pressure Brennie 3 433 11-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Benefits of changing masks BreakingBaddd 5 552 10-21-2023, 08:08 PM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.