Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dreamstation GO DC input?
Dreamstation Go - looks at first like a very attractive PAP machine.

But looking at pictures I don't see a normal DC power input?  In the pics I've been able to find online, when you pop the hood, only the AC input to the internal transformer with a little slot to the left which I assume is the power connection for the battery pack?  Is there no independent input for external DC power?

I also googleated "Dreamstation GO DC power cord" and didn't really get any returns.  Lots of Dreamstation cords, but nada zip nothing for the GO.

Anybody that has the machine or played with one confirm?  T'would seem like a HUGE oversight on PR's part to make a travel CPAP machine that you can't hook up to the power supply in your travel machine (car/truck/camper/boat).  Or an intentional move that was almost as high on the "Screw Your Customerometer" scale as ResMed requiring their power brick.

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply
I had exactly the same question, and contacted philips. Here's their answer:
--
You can charge off of DC using a DC/AC power inverter. The inverter needs to be 150W or greater with an AC voltage output of 100-240 volts. We do not have a DC cord for this device. We would suggesting using the AC plug that comes with the device and plugging it into an inverter with the specifications listed above.
--
So, if I understand correctly, the GO can be only charged using AC power. I think this is a major oversight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Major oversight? Total product design fail.

They take one of the things that separates them from ResMed and makes them a superior machine in marketplace offerings - and they screw it up.

Inverter my fanny!

OMMOHY
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  dreamstation go- auto start of ramp up? cbrts765 4 146 12-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Last Post: cbrts765
  using dreamstation go full time cbrts765 10 347 12-11-2017, 11:28 PM
Last Post: David Govan
  Is my dreamstation humidifier working? ghstudio 2 133 12-10-2017, 05:21 PM
Last Post: ghstudio
  Are AirSense and Dreamstation heated tubing interchangeable? doncaruana 2 123 12-10-2017, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait
  Dreamstation Go startup and data communication? dgnelsoni 2 106 12-09-2017, 08:52 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Noisy DreamStation BandMom 48 15,707 12-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Last Post: Walla Walla
  DC Converter for use with Dreamstation Auto BiPAP BiPAPman 5 137 12-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Last Post: BiPAPman