Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dreamstation Go Noise Difference vs. Home Unit with Humidifier
RE: Dreamstation Go Noise Difference vs. Home Unit with Humidifier
I have my data downloaded and screenshots saved to my 'puter.  Is there a separate board to start a thread for feedback, or just in the Main Board area?

I see a slot on my Dreamstation Go that looks like its for a micro SD card.  Does that machine record all the detailed information that the home machine does?  I get wildly different AHI's (much lower) with the Go and I'd like to find out why.
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe the Go does record data but requires Encore to read it.  You could always try it with SleepyHead.  The worst thing that can happen is it won't be able to read the data.  Just make sure that you create a separate user profile for the Go.  Hopefully, someone here will have more knowledge on this.  Since you started this thread, I would say it's a "Poster's Choice" as to start a new thread or not.  The Main forum is the perfect place for this, so you're already ahead of the the curve on that.  

Keep'er between the ditches and let's see some charts.  - Big Grin
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2018, 02:40 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: I believe the Go does record data but requires Encore to read it.  You could always try it with SleepyHead.  The worst thing that can happen is it won't be able to read the data.  Just make sure that you create a separate user profile for the Go.  Hopefully, someone here will have more knowledge on this.  Since you started this thread, I would say it's a "Poster's Choice" as to start a new thread or not.  The Main forum is the perfect place for this, so you're already ahead of the the curve on that.  

Keep'er between the ditches and let's see some charts.  - Big Grin

Both the Go and home unit function perfectly with Sleepyhead. I use both regularly and find zero difference in performance. I do not use a humidifier on the DreamStation.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-09-2018, 01:43 PM)FireNWater Wrote: I see a slot on my Dreamstation Go that looks like its for a micro SD card.  Does that machine record all the detailed information that the home machine does?  I get wildly different AHI's (much lower) with the Go and I'd like to find out why.

May as well stick a micro SD card in there and find out!

I get wildly different AHIs (much lower) with my Resmed Airsense 10 Auto than with my DreamStation.  (But the Airsense 10 Auto also causes me to gain back my pre-CPAP symptoms as well.) I'd love to find out why, too!  So I'll stalk your charts thread... especially if you're able to get charts on the Go... and see what you find out!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK, here we go with my last 4 night's charts (humidifier removed).  

I put the SoClean's adapter on the back between the unit and hose.  I turned the black hose back on itself so it both creates a little bit of restriction like the humidifier and also blows the magic gas up the hose towards the mask when it runs.

I found an 8 Gig micro SD card while I was "decommissioning" another piece of electronics.  I formatted it and it snapped into the Dreamstation Go's slot.  We'll see how it works next time I'm on the road.
Post Reply Post Reply
The clustering pattern of your OA suggests a positional issue that may be restricting your airway.  This especially likely if you sleep on your back but may also happen if you are a side sleeper. It is usually caused by the ching tucking towards the chest. It can be corrected by using a pillow, such as a buckwheat chaff pillow, that keeps your head in a position that prevents chin tucking or a soft cervical collar. I had a similar OA clustering pattern and have found both to be effective. I suggest you start with the soft cervical collar which can be purchased locally or on line for $10-15. I like the OTC collar available from Amazon. If you search the forum you will find a recent thread discussing the best cervical collar.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the link to the cervical collar thread. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ght=collar
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

Post Reply Post Reply
That actually makes sense.  Last night I slept on my pillow that has a neck support that I put in a few months ago to relieve neck & arm pain I was having.  My AHI was down to 1.7.  

I had a 0.1 AHI on July 4th with my Go while on the road, but don't know what I did to get that score.

Does head position have any effect on hypopneas?

BTW - Getting old sucks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night with the neck support roll and it seems to be working.  I think the large leak time was caused by the headstrap riding up to the top of my head while I slept.

I'll try hot gluing it in place tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another night with the neck support pillow and my AHI's seem to be under control.
I did notice that there is a difference between how Dreammapper and Sleepyhead calculate my AHI's.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's the best home sleep test currently on the market? Lucky7 4 126 9 hours ago
Last Post: OpalRose
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 535 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,294 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
  Home Sleep Study - Low AHI but significant desat ArcherNeedsSleep 65 5,932 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,243 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.