Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dreamstation auto off ???
RE: Dreamstation auto off ???
Using the auto-off feature on a Respironics machine simply records a leak spike at the end of the session. It shows up as the max leak number. It is a little slow to turn off when you remove the mask. I think my PRS1 auto used to take about 30 seconds to turn off when the mask was removed, while the Resmed turns off in less than 5 seconds of full flow. Assuming you read the daily detail chart, you can tell if leaks are a problem and when they occur. If you rely only on the summary, then using auto-off might appear as an over-estimate of leak.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just a bit more looking around and found the auto-off setting on my new Dreamstation. Just as I suspected, the DME tech had not bothered to set it on as I asked, or most likely did not know how. Turned it on, and all is well again. Thanks to everyone.
Thanks Sleep-well[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
I was actually checking the setup of my wife's Dream Station last night. On her Dream Station the auto off is located in the Clinician menu right next to auto on and is indeed a separate option. The icons are a fan blade and a fan blade crossed out. My wife has the auto off turned on but finds it annoying to rely on as it keeps spurting out the air for a minute or so and it sounds horrible. Could it be turned on and you have to wait longer than you are used to for it to activate??
Post Reply Post Reply
Tell her to treat it just like she would you if you were annoying. Stuff it under a pillow till it dies a natural death. Mind takes less than a minute to shut off now with auto off set on.
Thanks Sleep-well[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply
Auto on and auto off are selectable separately in the clinicians menu, auto on has fan symbol autu off has fan symbol with x through it.
Post Reply Post Reply
fOUND THE aUTO-OFF FEATURE, TURNED IT ON, AND ALL IS WELL AGAIN.
Thanks Sleep-well[/font]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361
  DreamStation Auto Initial Start-up WilliamZ 3 503 09-11-2023, 11:23 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 582 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  Breas Z2 Auto Portable Auto-CPAP Machine Package kbingel 9 3,000 08-18-2023, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Txgeodigger
  switched from Dreamstation to Luna II Auto wstalcup 0 505 06-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Last Post: wstalcup
  Optimizing Dreamstation Auto mnemon81 16 1,247 03-26-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.