Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dreamstation firmware 1.1.4 problem
Sad 
Dreamstation firmware 1.1.4 problem
Having a bit of trouble with my Dreamstation firmware update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.4, had some issues with clear airway pressure pulses when it originally came with 1.0.6. Breathing pattern back and forth was too short and quick,also had constant pressure pulses that would pump my breathing.

1.1.1 update did seem to improve clear airway apnea detection, cleared this all up and was getting much better AHI readings down into the 3's. Now after my update to 1.1.4 last week it seemed to reset back to the old patterns and the last 4 days have seen my AHI climb up to 20's. Also my head is pounding each morning just like it did with 1.0.6.

Something else I've noticed is upon start up it blows at full IPAP 15 which before 1.1.1 would EPAP 10 and ease into the breathing pattern. Not a huge deal.

Tried to adjust by adding .5cm on both IPAP/EPAP as RWhipkey did and it hasn't improved, wish I had read a bit more on the update to realize using it would password lock me out of reverting back to 1.1.1.

1.1.4 update needs a Caveat Emptor that it cannot be reversed and is password protected. Can honestly say that even with a warning probably would've updated thinking that if it improved from 1.0.6 to 1.1.1 it would some more after 1.1.4.

Desperately need to get back to 1.1.1 and am thinking of taking the Dreamstation back to my DME as I haven't felt this lousy since before starting BiPaP therapy.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation firmware 1.1.4 problem
Recommend you start by downloading sleepyhead so you can see what is going on. The link is just below.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2018, 01:08 PM)hadley101 Wrote: 1.1.4 update needs a Caveat Emptor that it cannot be reversed and is password protected. Can honestly say that even with a warning probably would've updated thinking that if it improved from 1.0.6 to 1.1.1 it would some more after 1.1.4.

There are many caveats throughout the download instructions, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...r-OWN-RISK

I even put my recommendation in there that I would personally NOT risk doing the firmware update.

Not sure if we could make it any clearer that you are personally assuming a huge risk if you use the update.   Dont-know
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Running Linux Ubuntu 14.10, installing SleepyHead isn't an option for me
or at least hasn't been.

What's new about this update is that it cannot be reversed and is password
protected to lock end users out.

Building from source code is something I'm unfamiliar with
Post Reply Post Reply
Let this be a warning for others not to simply skim through and
read thoroughly, see now there is a warning that firmware cannot
be reversed after reading Completely the post for the firmware.

Apologize as I'm really frustrated and not exactly thinking straight
due to very poor sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is another report of a problem with Dreamstation 1.1.4 firmware update. http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...re-Upgrade
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even though there are many caveats in the download instructions for these firmware updates, out of the abundance of caution, I have inserted the following additional warning into the instruction posts:

Quote:ADDITIONAL WARNING:  Upgrading to a newer firmware version may be irreversible and may result in unexpected and unwanted machine behavior.  Please read this thread and this thread where a couple of members reported problems after attempting the upgrade.  While others have not reported problems, we include this information for full disclosure.  If you have any doubts, it is NOT recommended to attempt a firmware upgrade on a machine you are not prepared to render permanently inoperable.

Like I said folks, you really should NOT be messing around with firmware updates unless and until you know exactly what you're doing, have read and thoroughly considered all the risk involved and you are prepared to lose some or all of your machine's functionality as a result.

If it were me, I wouldn't mess with it - so if you choose to attempt a firmware upgrade, YOU ARE COMPLETELY ON YOUR OWN and YOU assume ALL RISK and any consequences.

Don't know what else I can say, other than that.

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi hadley101,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you will get the problem resolved with your machine in a timely manner.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the welcome trish6hundred ,

Happy to report that the past 3 nights have seen my AHI drop to 10, 6, 6 after
adjusting the IPAP up .5cm from around 20 AHI following RWhipkey's lead.
Also, started using the Flex (1) setting and it has also helped my breathing.

The pressure pulses have reduced almost back to the previous firmware 1.1.1
state. Which is unusual as these machine aren't usually so flexible or maybe
it was just I that did the adjusting.

This firmware update seems to have changed the algorithm as
my breathing back and forth does seems a bit smoother. Not so much
at first, really struggled to cope with the change.

Hopefully I'll simply adjust to the new firmware and won't have to take my Dreamstation
back to the DME.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,567 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,330 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 5,469 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 333 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Is my leak rate a problem? Kevstuf 5 550 02-08-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Kevstuf
  If nasal congestion is a problem, will this show in my AHI? canigetawitness1992 4 391 01-29-2024, 09:20 PM
Last Post: RNeil
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.