Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV SD card reformats
RE: ASV SD card reformats
crimson nate
This ia the dat on the SD card after SH has read the card. Noite that the time stamp on STR.crc and STR.edf have been altered. Why would sleepy Head change the timestamp? I wonder if this is the prblem and not the sysvol. I do not see and sysvol info.

05/03/2018  06:27 AM               203 Identification.tgt
05/03/2018  06:27 AM                 4 Identification.crc
05/03/2018  06:27 AM    <DIR>          DATALOG
05/03/2018  06:27 AM    <DIR>          SETTINGS
05/04/2018  01:54 PM            11,814 STR.edf
05/04/2018  01:54 PM                 8 STR.crc
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleepyhead does not touch the files on the sd card.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe the S9 touched them when I removed the card???? 

THe registry entries have worked for me and the S9 is no longer formatting the SD card when it is inserted.

As an aside Jason -- dotmed had more of the S9 VPAP ADAPT ASV 36037 so I ordered a backup unit, and found the S9 carrying case 36860 there for $16 + $4 shipping.   Thanks

Gerry
Post Reply Post Reply
Like Jason said, SleepyHead only reads the data.  It doesn't modify it in anyway.

The SysVol Info could be hidden.  Make sure that you have the "View Hidden Files" turned on.  In Windows Explorer (Windows Key+E) , go to  Tools(top menu)->Folder Options->View->Hidden Files ->Show hidden files, folders, and drives.   Press the "Apply" in the lower right, then press Apply to Folders (upper left).  Then press "OK" to exit.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks crimson
As I told jason the S9 is not formatting the SD card any longer. I thought it strange the timestamp was different on some files.

I really appreciate your help.     Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-04-2018, 12:28 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote:
(05-04-2018, 10:28 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 11:53 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Prevent SysVol Info Write

All I get is a blank page?

You should get a popup screen authorizing either to open or save the file.  You want to "Save" it.
Here is the embedded address if you want to try entering it in your URL bar.
http://www.loganville.online/download/SysVolWrite.zip

Note: I've noticed that the latest versions of Firefox seem to dislike certain file downloads.  Chrome has no problem with the same file. Now that I have said this, it's probably the "Kiss-of-Death" for Chrome.

Let me know if you are still unsuccessful and I'll come up with a plan B.

Thanks Crimson Nape, that worked, I did see a flash of the download box, then it vanished, I thought I had just imagined it, but when I tried again it did the same, however, pasting the link into the browser for some reason only known to computers, it worked Thanks
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Information Update:
The link to the SysVolWrite file in previous posts in this thread was to a website I no longer have. Here is the local AB link to the System Volume Write Disable file:
System Volume Write Disable/Enable
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2019, 10:59 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Information Update:
The link to the SysVolWrite file in previous posts in this thread was to a website I no longer have.  Here is the local AB link to the System Volume Write Disable file:
System Volume Write Disable/Enable

I had included this in the SD card wiki http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...to_SD_Card
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] SD Card reformats frequently dickblaine 5 540 07-01-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: dickblaine
  SD card backup on PC and new SD card snorin2 0 954 12-05-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: snorin2
  ResMed S9 SD Card "Invalid SD Card, erase card data?" MAPnea 41 51,056 04-29-2021, 03:42 AM
Last Post: Scobber
  Downloading data to SD card of Resmed for nights that SD card not in ResMed machine Robert6 8 9,373 06-19-2015, 09:28 AM
Last Post: estgad
  Forgot to put card back in machine, is there a way to copy it from machine to card? Marnid2014 6 6,299 04-06-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.