Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dreamstation vs Dreamstation GO
Question 
Dreamstation vs Dreamstation GO
Hello all!

I have been using a BMC H60 for a couple of years now and at first, after being diagnosed, I assumed that the machine was set properly and that was all I needed.

After doing some investigation lately due to my partner saying I am snoring (I usually don't with the machine) I started to learn that I should have been reviewing my sleep trends more carefully. 

From what I am being told the BMC has to be taken to where I bought it for them to review my sleep data and I would rather review and adjust myself on a daily/weekly basis.

I think I have narrowed down between the Dreamstation and the Dreamstation Go. I am considering the Dreamstation Go because I am an avid camper and am frequently in scenarios where I do not have power.

Is there a significant difference between the two regarding data collected? Or specific features on one that I would miss on the other?

Any reasons to not use the Go as a primary unit? It is currently not in my budget to buy both.

I can't make too much sense of what I am reading regarding the two and was hoping for some feedback from more experienced users.

Thanks so much!

P.S. I do not use humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation vs Dreamstation GO
Welcome to the forum.

First DreamStation is a product line and not a model.  So is the "GO" 
The "GO" has definite advantages when camping but fails IMHO when looking at the data that you are looking for.
You want a machine that is what we call a "Full Data capable" 

My Preference is the ResMed line, and specifically the ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet or the "For Her" variant because of there EPR implementation which allows the machine to behave similarly to a BiLevel with up to 3 cmw PS (pressure support) and quicker algorithm.
Look here for a list of recommended machines Machine Recommendations

Full Data Capability
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks a lot for your response Fred!

I will look into the AirSense.

Do you have any experience with the phone app? Is it useful at all?

Thanks again for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply
If all you care about is that your AHI is OK the Apps are fine, if you do want to monitor your therapy as I believe you do, download OSCAR, it should be available by the time you need it.
Post Reply Post Reply
The DreamStation GO has completel data capabilities via an SD mini card. It integrates fully with Sleepyhead and provides the same level of data interpretation possibilities as the DreamStation home unit. I’m not currently using nor have I downloaded the new Oscar so have no information regarding compatibility with this upgrade to the software.

The unit itself works flawlessly and provides the exact same level of treatment as the home unit. I have not used it with the battery pack.

Hope this helps.

GuppyDRV
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Guppy, for your response.

So are you saying that the DreamStation GO is "Full Data capable"?

I didn't see it on machine recommendations so just wanted to make sure.

I found that the AirSense 10 can be used with external batteries which is very useful and allows this machine to be taken on camping trips as well.

Fred, does OSCAR not support DreamStation GO?

You are right in that I want to monitor my therapy to the farthest extent available so this information is very important in my decision.

Thanks so much for you guys input!
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have a copy of an SD Card for the Dream Station GO, I would need that to definitively state that.  I was unaware that it had a mini-SD Card, so it is entirely possible.  If it works with SleepyHead it should work with OSCAR.  

If you can wait a little bit I bet we will know soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Dreamstation go is fully data capable I download mine to sleepy head.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can one of you send me a full zipped copy of your GO SD card?  I'll need one for both the Auto and CPAP versions.
It will contain your machine info including serial number but no name or address.  It will be retained and used for OSCAR testing by members of the OSCAR development team only.
Post Reply Post Reply
My go is not a auto I will attempt to copy the data card to my computer.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,845 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 619 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,202 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,504 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.