Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed AirSense 10 questions
RE: Resmed AirSense 10 questions
It sounds like you have a good plan in place. Be sure to avoid any ramp. Also, are you using any of the flex options?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-17-2021, 01:51 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: It sounds like you have a good plan in place.  Be sure to avoid any ramp.  Also, are you using any of the flex options?

I have the ramp turned off.  Years ago, on my first machine I had it on, but after a few weeks I ended up turning it off and then never using it again.  Same thing with flex - I tried it, but turned it off and haven't used it.  There are very few, if any, of the user settings that I have enabled.

I think ResMed and Philips uses slightly different algorithms in their Auto mode, so there might be some differences that I'll notice.  But, they might be so small I won't be able to tell, that's what I'm trying to figure out what to expect.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have to have a starting point, so why not dance with the settings that brung 'ya?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
IMO it depends a bit on the settings. Sure a good start point is a virtual copy and paste, with the option to edit as necessary for comfort or event needs. I've seen several jump from Respironics to ResMed and gotten away with lower starting pressures due to ResMed's faster response.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just to re-I force the point made about humidifier: Mine came configured without a humidifier, with a side panel where a humidifier would go. I bought the humidifier as an extra and replaced the side panel with the humidifier. If you don’t need on, you can buy it without one.

I understand that there is an extra dimension to the Autoset algorithm for the ‘her’ model but I have the standard model and love it.

The included SD card is compatible with OSCAR and it records quite detailed info.

Good luck with your selection process.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 19 349 12 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 146 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,716 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Juniper's questions juniper 12 267 03-21-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: juniper
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,593 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,762 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.