Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Dry camping with cpap.
Question 
Dry camping with cpap.
Powering a Dream station1 while dry camping or a few days ? Any suggestions? Not sure what I need and what works.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dry camping with cpap.
I have a resmed S8 autovantage that is dedicated for camping and power outages.  I purchased the 12v adapter, which is fairly simple as the machine is ran on 12v without the humidifier.  Over the years I have ran several deep cycle wheelchair batteries they are a bit heavy, just switched to     
Jackery Portable Power Station Explorer 300, 293Wh Backup Lithium
[Commercial Link Removed] Search Amazon

It only weighs 7 lb and will run the S8 3 nights.  I went to the resMed web site and found a tech note on powering with batteries it listed the power needs at various pressures for each machine.  They appear to error on the side of safety.  Not sure if responionic offers anything like that? I know the inverters ResMed is picky about sine wave, have not tried that option on the above power pack. I ordered on Amazon prime with free returns and tried it out at home.  was going to ship back if did not meet expectations. Good Luck 

-----
Moderator Action: Commercial Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a Jackery for nights when I've not had power. It works great.

If you don't plan to use heat & humidifier, it seems (from others' reviews, as well as lots of info out there on the web) that a Jackery can last several nights for your CPAP use.

I struggle to sleep without heat & humidifier (I live in a very arid environment). So I can only get 1 night (or less) out of my Jackery 240 before the Jackery needs to be recharged. (I have a solar charger for it.) I wish I had a larger Jackery, since I use the humidifier & heat, but the 240 is what I bought.
Post Reply Post Reply
@OP,  what is your level of "dry camping?"  Are you back packing, car camping or is it boondocking in some type of RV?

When I had my truck camper, my camping was 99% boondocking.  I had two Group 29 Marine/ RV deep cycle batteries on board.
I would use a "ResMed DC Power Converter for AirSense ™ 10 Series CPAP Machines" (bought from Supplier #14) with my machine but would turn OFF the humidifier.  I would still put water in the reservoir just no heater.  There was still a decent amount of moisture in the stream which made it comfortable. 

I was able to go 3-4 days running minimal lights in the TC while still running water pump and furnace.  I did have a portable generator to top off the batteries on about the forth day.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, I am sorry for posting the commercial link, that rule slipped my feebler mind. A friend used the Jackery 300 2 nights with his resmed airmini plugged into the 110 socket, and still had over 50% battery, humidity turned off. That was the reason I gave it a try.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lowenstein Prisma 20A - how can I work out energy usage for camping? JamesD0079 4 622 02-15-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Camping with CPAP - any tips? SuperSleeper 43 7,629 10-16-2023, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Hintertux
  [Equipment] CPAP and Camping Dogberto 2 571 07-16-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Dogberto
  CPAP Substitute While Camping or Traveling Liegeinski 10 2,627 01-23-2023, 01:09 AM
Last Post: RainbowFish
  Dry Camping with CPAP ApneaticBill 2 787 06-08-2022, 01:25 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill
  [Equipment] Cold-weather camping? tundranapper 4 877 05-26-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: RNeil
  Small camping CPAP + battery system recommendations Greg_R 0 1,008 10-18-2021, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Greg_R

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.