Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] EncorePro vs. EncoreBasic vs. Sleepyhead
EncorePro vs. EncoreBasic vs. Sleepyhead
Hello everyone! Although I have been peeking in on this forum since I was diagnosed with both obstructive and central apnea at the end of the last year and have learned an incredible amount from all of you (which I am very appreciative of), this is my first post.

I have been using a PR BiPap S/T C Series Dom 30 Model 1060p since December 31st last year. I crunch numbers and data for a living as a financial analyst, and what is driving me crazy is that I can't access the data on my SD card (I thrive on data! I need to see the data that's on the card!). I know it's there, as first my medical supply company and second my doctor have been able to download all sorts of data from the card.

-I primarily use a Mac, and I first downloaded the Mac version of Sleepyhead. I received a "Couldn't find any new Machine Data at the locations given" error message. After searching this forum and other apnea forums, I was able to see that others have been having the exact same problem with this machine specifically and PR's Series 60 machines in general with Sleepyhead.

-So, I installed Win 7 64-bit on a separate partition on my Mac. I installed EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 using the links and instructions here. Although I successfully "assigned the card" to myself - on the "Download Card" tab, it states that "The media belongs to the current patient" - I get this message when I click on "Download": "Media read successfully - The card data is not valid and was not saved. Contact Product Support for assistance". I see from searching these forums that I'm not alone with this problem.

-I also installed the latest Windows version of Sleepyhead, and I received the same "Couldn't find any new Machine Data at the locations given" error message that I was receiving with the Mac version.

So...I guess my next step is to try EncorePro. From reading these forums, I believe that someone would be able to provide me with the files to install this software. If that's the case, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks, Matt
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EncorePro vs. EncoreBasic vs. Sleepyhead
(07-24-2014, 02:40 PM)matthewlee Wrote: have been using a PR BiPap S/T C Series Dom 30 Model 1060p since December 31st last year. I crunch numbers and data for a living as a financial analyst, and what is driving me crazy is that I can't access the data on my SD card (I thrive on data! I need to see the data that's on the card!). I know it's there, as first my medical supply company and second my doctor have been able to download all sorts of data from the card.

-I primarily use a Mac, and I first downloaded the Mac version of Sleepyhead. I received a "Couldn't find any new Machine Data at the locations given" error message. After searching this forum and other apnea forums, I was able to see that others have been having the exact same problem with this machine specifically and PR's Series 60 machines in general with Sleepyhead.

I beleive you need the latest version of SleepyHead to work with the model 60.

Try here: http://sleepfiles.com/SH/

It's currently version 0.9.6.

Terry

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Terry. I tried both the Mac and the Windows versions of Sleepyhead v. 0.9.6, with no luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2014, 02:58 PM)matthewlee Wrote: Thanks Terry. I tried both the Mac and the Windows versions of Sleepyhead v. 0.9.6, with no luck.

When you insert your card into the reader, does the card and it's data show up on your mac in <whatever your filesystem browser is>?

Also, you need to point it to the root of the data card (or the folder, don't remember which), not the actual files.

Try inserting the card first, make sure you can see it in your file manager, then start sleepyhead.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks again, Terry. Yes, I can see the data on the SD card, and I'm pointing Sleepyhead to the root of the data card. In fact, v.0.9.6 seems to default automatically to the root. When I click on Import in Sleepyhead, I get a message that: CPAP Datacard structures were detected at the following locations: <root is specified>. Would you like to import from the path(s) shown above?"

interestingly, when I first tried the Mac version a month ago or so, I was using v0.9.2, and it was on that Mac version that I got the "Couldn't find any machine data at the location given" error message. Now with Mac 0.9.6, nothing happens at all when I click on "Yes" to the question noted above. When I click on "Yes" on the PC v 0.9.6, I get the "Couldn't find any machine data at the location given" error message.

Hence, I'm hoping that EncorePro might work!
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2014, 03:38 PM)matthewlee Wrote: Thanks again, Terry. Yes, I can see the data on the SD card, and I'm pointing Sleepyhead to the root of the data card. In fact, v.0.9.6 seems to default automatically to the root. When I click on Import in Sleepyhead, I get a message that: CPAP Datacard structures were detected at the following locations: <root is specified>. Would you like to import from the path(s) shown above?"

When you say "yes", does it import or do you get the error message?

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Matthewlee, It looks like you've got yourself a Philips Respironics model I haven't even heard of yet.

I'd very much like to get it running in SleepyHead, but what I really need to make that happen is a .zip of your SDCard data so I can try and hack out the differences between your machine and previous models.

Philips doesn't provide any documentation for their data formats, so everything we know about their file formats has to be reverse engineered the hard way.

If you've got the time and bandwidth to help out with this, please PM me for my email address.

/Mark
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi matthewlee,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy and getting your data-management problem straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2014, 02:40 PM)matthewlee Wrote: So...I guess my next step is to try EncorePro. From reading these forums, I believe that someone would be able to provide me with the files to install this software. If that's the case, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks, Matt

Look for a PM from me concerning EncorePro.

Others have reported problems of this type with the higher level PRS1 machines like the one you have. Yesterday someone reported that they were successful installing EncoreBasic on a 32-bit Win XP machine, so you might want to try that.

It seems Respironics is not concerned with patients having access to their data. A few months ago they introduced a total POS SleepApp, which is their attempt at addressing this issue!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-24-2014, 02:40 PM)matthewlee Wrote: Hello everyone! Although I have been peeking in on this forum since I was diagnosed with both obstructive and central apnea at the end of the last year and have learned an incredible amount from all of you (which I am very appreciative of), this is my first post.

I have been using a PR BiPap S/T C Series Dom 30 Model 1060p since December 31st last year. I crunch numbers and data for a living as a financial analyst, and what is driving me crazy is that I can't access the data on my SD card (I thrive on data! I need to see the data that's on the card!). I know it's there, as first my medical supply company and second my doctor have been able to download all sorts of data from the card.

-So, I installed Win 7 64-bit on a separate partition on my Mac. I installed EncoreBasic 2.2.2.0 using the links and instructions here. Although I successfully "assigned the card" to myself - on the "Download Card" tab, it states that "The media belongs to the current patient" - I get this message when I click on "Download": "Media read successfully - The card data is not valid and was not saved. Contact Product Support for assistance". I see from searching these forums that I'm not alone with this problem.

-I also installed the latest Windows version of Sleepyhead, and I received the same "Couldn't find any new Machine Data at the locations given" error message that I was receiving with the Mac version.

So...I guess my next step is to try EncorePro. From reading these forums, I believe that someone would be able to provide me with the files to install this software. If that's the case, I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction! Thanks, Matt

Hi. I have a P.R. System one auto BIPAP and have issues when trying to download data from the SD card. I can't get the program Encore basic 2.2 to work on my Mac, or my P.C. with Windows 7, or on an older P.C. with Windows X.P. professional.Luckily I also have a newer P.C. with Windows X.P. With this computer I was finally able to download the data and get a report. Encore pro doesn't work with any of my computers. I am only a pseudo computer geek, but I try my best to overcome minor computer issues. I live in Quebec and use a Bipap purchased in Ontario at ~ 1/3 the price. As a result, I do not have a local technician from a Sleep clinic to look at my SD card data or readjust my machine. I only see my sleep doctor once or twice a year. I bring him the printed report and discuss any issues I might have. I HOPE THIS HELPS.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Old EncorePro SmartCard data download eth2oski 2 784 05-12-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: eth2oski
  EncoreBasic SnoreEnough 13 5,653 06-11-2017, 08:26 AM
Last Post: postmako
  EncorePro Accessory prescriptions jds2001 0 1,091 03-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: jds2001
  Encorebasic HowieS 1 1,642 08-17-2015, 12:58 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  Problem with Mako/Infineer EncorePro card reader dcubed 13 7,230 05-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Last Post: Cyrus
Cool SleepyHead and EncoreBasic graeme 3 2,070 09-06-2014, 11:23 AM
Last Post: retired_guy
  More Problems with EncorePro jjgereg 3 2,657 07-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Bama Rambler

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.