Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Experience Respironics Amara View Mask
RE: Experience Respironics Amara View Mask
The big question is how it seals around the nose. It is shipping now. I checked Supplier #1 and they are shipping, as SuperSleeper said, for $170.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Been using this mask a week and have had positive results. I was previously using an F10. Here are my results:
-I personally get a better seal with this mask. With the F10 I was generally between 5 to 10 L/min. With this mask I am getting 0-2 L/min.
-I can wear my reading glasses with no interference. It's much better than the F10 in that regard.
-I find the mask to be more comfortable than the F10. For me it gets a better seal with less tension on the straps. It also has less contact area on the face.
-It's much less claustrophobic than other full face masks I've tried.
-The headgear is more comfortable as it has a greater contact area creating less pressure. My F10 straps left indentations in the back of my neck and on top of my head. This did not occur with the Amara View. It also sits higher, away from the soft area on the back of my neck. There seems to be more padding in the Amara headgear as well.
-My events/hour have dropped in the first week from ~1.2 average to 0.2 average. Need more nights to confirm this as a real improvement. May be due to a better seal as I use APAP mode with a range of 11-13.
-The nose seal slightly irritates the underside of my nose. I may be sensitive in this area as I couldn't stand nasal pillows due to nostril irritation. I can live with this level of irritation though on the Amara View.
-I'm not a big fan of the plastic attachment clips or the quick disconnect on the tube on the Amara. I find the F10 to be more easily removeable, but I can adapt to the Amara for the other benefits of seal and comfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
Toesinsand - Thanks! Good review of the mask. I think I'll get one to try.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Two other points:
-As most of your nose is exposed, if you get a little itch you don't necessarily have to pull the mask away to scratch. Only it it in the underside of your nose.
-For me, if I get a slight leak it is on the bottom below my mouth. This is not as annoying as my experience with the F10 which mostly leaked near my eyes blowing air in them.

Recommend you get return insurance just in case it doesn't work for you. It works great for me, but the reviews are mixed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,052 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 415 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 102 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 349 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 229 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.