Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Experience Respironics Amara View Mask
Experience Respironics Amara View Mask
New to apnea therapy and getting used to a full face mask provided by my home supply company. Does anyone have expierence with the new Amara View minimal contact full mask. It appears to be so new that I am unable to find any information except on Phillips website. So I'm able to sleep but not all night without waking but the pressure on the bridge of the nose is annoying.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Experience Respironics Amara View Mask
Hi Vic Davis,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I haven't experienced any full-face mask, (FFM,) so I'm not able to help you with this question but hang in there for more responses to your post.
Much success to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Wow, that's a minimal mask. I'd have concerns about how it would fit such a wide range of nose tips but dang, I hope it works! It would eliminate a lot of problems if it does.

I doubt anyone has experience with it since it isn't for sale anywhere yet.

http://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare-pr...amara-view
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-05-2015, 06:08 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Wow, that's a minimal mask. I'd have concerns about how it would fit such a wide range of nose tips but dang, I hope it works! It would eliminate a lot of problems if it does.

I doubt anyone has experience with it since it isn't for sale anywhere yet.

http://www.usa.philips.com/healthcare-pr...amara-view

My DME therapy rep wants me to try this out when it comes in.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've tried one on, then bought the FP Simplus. I thought that it might irritate the skin below my nose, but it's really compact and allows you to wear glasses.
The Simplus is pretty good, but it does leave a mark on my nose bridge.
So, I might buy the Amara view and alternate masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2015, 07:04 AM)Happiest Wrote: I've tried one on, then bought the FP Simplus. I thought that it might irritate the skin below my nose, but it's really compact and allows you to wear glasses.
The Simplus is pretty good, but it does leave a mark on my nose bridge.
So, I might buy the Amara view and alternate masks.

My problem with the Simplus is it digs into the sides of my face and leaves unfading marks, and if I loosen it too much, it leaks a lot. I can only sleep on my left side or stomach, due to a head injury from my ex.

Post Reply Post Reply
I brought this mask up the first I heard of it since it looks very similar to the mask I am using now. The problem I have with the current mask is with the pillows blowing out when the pressure rises. Was hoping the amara view would be a good alternative. I'm trying not to go for a standard full face mask just yet.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Please keep us posted if you end up using this -- it looks very intriguing. I'd love to use a FFM that isn't bulky and doesn't rest on the bridge of my nose.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is this mask available yet to buy?
How does it cope with 19-20cm pressures ?
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-29-2015, 10:19 PM)Zeddy Wrote: Is this mask available yet to buy?
How does it cope with 19-20cm pressures ?

Hasn't yet shown up yet on the Internet DME market; only available for pre-order as far as I can tell. And it's not cheap, around $170 US online.

As evidenced by posters in this thread, a few pre-market versions have been shipped to some DMEs for testing.

As far as handling higher pressures, there's probably not a lot of real-world experience yet from people with higher pressures.

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  New user - is my experience normal? SleeplessGrouch 3 418 03-23-2024, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  My Resent Experience: Momsworry 3 103 03-23-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [Diagnosis] ATRIAL FIBRILLATION - CONTRARIAN VIEW? srlevine1 9 355 03-05-2024, 08:35 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 787 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.