Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] F&P SleepStyle (new model) Help with setup?
F&P SleepStyle (new model) Help with setup?
I just purchased a F&P SleepStyle to replace an old System One and, briefly, DreamStation that I purchased in error not realizing it was also part of the recall.  I have severe sleep apnea and am unable to function without a full night of "therapy".  I've been successfully using the System One every night for close to 8 years or so.  
I've had the SleepStyle for one week and cannot figure out how to get the settings so that the AHI is zero.  I found the clinicians menu (online), but I could use suggestions on how to get this to work correctly.  I bought it online from an online retailer and a girl said the AHI is adjusted by: if the mask is ok, a change in sleep position, pressure.  I finally did change the mask, cannot change the sleep position (sinus issues), having difficulty figuring out the pressure settings.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  

Thank you.
BethT
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: F&P SleepStyle (new model) Help with setup?
BethT,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

You can start out by using the same settings that you used on the System One and adjust from there.

Did you have good results with your System One and/or DreamStation?  What settings did you use?  What were your AHI readings on these two machines?

Not knowing which SleepStyle you have, but if you need a Clinicians Manual, order it here:
https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good idea.  The System One was automatic as far as I knew - the dme provider mailed it to me and I just plugged it in. The DreamStation had "therapy" settings from 1 to 5.  I accidentally chose 1 and didn't sleep for a week until I noticed the change.  4-5 was the right number, and I was fine.  And this was just a couple of weeks ago.  Let me check out the clinician's manual for the SleepStyle, thank you.  I had someone on the phone with customer service from Fisher & Paytel and they refused to send me that manual, would only send it to my provider.  

Thanks for your help. 
Betht
Post Reply Post Reply
Fisher & Paykel SleepStyle Auto (newer 2017 model)

That's the one.  Black.  
Post Reply Post Reply
If you haven't ordered your Clinician's manual yet, go to the link I posted above to order.
Scroll down to Section Three and look for the SleepStyle listing.  Follow directions to order by Email.

You can order up to 2 manuals, so you might also want to order one for the DreamStation.

Believe me, no provider is going to give you a clinician's manual. All you'll get if you're lucky is the user manual.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just ordered it.  The problem issue with the DreamStation is it has not been repaired yet (the recall).   

I'll keep you posted.

Thank you again for your help.

BethT
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tech Nerds-think this battery setup will work for Transcend Micro? johnbrain 7 116 Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Last Post: johnbrain
Cool Smallest travel CPAP setup w/ Transcend Micro kotaKat 4 1,682 03-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Last Post: johnbrain
  F&P SleepStyle or ResMed AirSense 10 Tampa Jim 5 394 03-04-2024, 05:31 AM
Last Post: Tampa Jim
Thumbsup NEW MEMBER INFO: GET YOUR OWN [secret] CPAP SETUP MANUAL SuperSleeper 1 1,946 02-17-2024, 01:47 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  what model is this? airwaystent 8 387 02-05-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Psychotech
  F&P SleepStyle Opinions zzz1 0 181 02-01-2024, 10:49 AM
Last Post: zzz1
  Interference from battery charger in DC battery backup setup? Daxvex 3 251 01-22-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: Daxvex

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.