Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Numbers getting worse, any advice would be appreciated
RE: Numbers getting worse, any advice would be appreciated
(02-14-2018, 12:40 PM)KCFLY Wrote: Spent the last 5 nights back at min 7.0 max 11.0 which is where I spent over 6 months with an average AHI of .97.

These last 5 nights I am averaging about 6.5 AHI, last night was 8.9.

Last night I had 32 Clear airway events ranging from 10 to 20 seconds in length, 2 of which happened during a large leak.
I only had 2 obstructive events, and 21 unclassified events.

Anyway, I will keep  my pressures here and see what happens, but it doesn't seem to be improving and I still wake up feeling tired.

What is the criteria I would need to meet to think about going to BiPAP or ASV?  I know next to nothing about those machines.

Thanks again

There isn't any specific criteria other than the louder you complain, the sooner you will get attention. If you don't tolerate your current therapy in spite of good  compliance, they eventually will look for some better treatment alternative to get rid of you.  It's cheaper to give you a $4000 machine, than to deal with continuing complaints and being accused of maltreatment.  That sounds like a pretty dark picture, but if you don't complain and persist, nothing will happen.  Tell them you expect good sleep and good result.  

Read SpyCar Bill's threads for reference.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Numbers getting worse, any advice would be appreciated
It's a good idea to chase your doctors and even get them to titrate you properly in a sleep study.
With a CA of 1, tidal volume of 520, RR14.2 and 95% pressures under 15. Which are pretty good numbers. They may be reluctant to look very hard at an ASV or BPAP.

For now, I think raising your min and max pressure will help. I would fix the leaks and try min 9 I would then increase my min pressure and have your max, 1cm above the 95% number, To minimise CA as you go. But they look to be reducing already. Later you can increase the max more and get it higher, for when you have a bad night.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI Numbers looking great but feeling like crap Jpm6179 13 419 Today, 05:23 AM
Last Post: Jpm6179
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 104 Yesterday, 07:30 PM
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Sad [Treatment] Therapy is helping, but only a little - good AHI numbers, bad sleep tiredsleeper 4 200 04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
Last Post: tiredsleeper
  Do I need to tweak my numbers dharris01 6 208 04-15-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dharris01
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 177 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] Much worse sleep with ResMed? Jookia 10 387 04-07-2024, 03:04 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,551 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.