Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] FFM: Stomach Sleeper with Beard
RE: FFM: Stomach Sleeper with Beard
(02-13-2018, 09:55 PM)paulag1955 Wrote: Have you replaced the headgear to your mask in that time?

Yes.  Every three months I get a new mask, headgear, nose pillows, hoses etc. Although I have tried to figure out what is wrong, I noticed it feels a little loose.  I have a big head. 

I am due a replacement of all the above now, but am waiting to see the results of what I found out here.

ETA: And by a little, I do mean just a little. I also wash it every 2-4 weeks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Control the leaks, but they are not bad for you.  You have a mix of both mouthbreathing and mask leaks.

These are the important charts
you can compress them vertically by grabbing the bottom edge of each chart and pulling up.  That way you can get them all on 1 page.

• Event Flags

• Flow Rate

• Pressure

• Leak Rate

• Snore

• Flow Limit
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a big head, too. I'm using the For Her headgear and it fits me just fine. I'm not sure what normal-headed women are supposed to do.

Does the men's headgear come with the little sizing clips? If so, have you tried them?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes I use the clips. They work well.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-13-2018, 10:24 PM)bonjour Wrote: These are the important charts

attached.

Does it make sense to look at more than one day?

(02-13-2018, 10:40 PM)paulag1955 Wrote: I have a big head, too. I'm using the For Her headgear and it fits me just fine. I'm not sure what normal-headed women are supposed to do.

Does the men's headgear come with the little sizing clips? If so, have you tried them?

They do, but I have never used them.   Not sure if I still have them, but I can give them a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Single days do not matter in the long run.  Consistent good or bad does.  
Your numbers are good, a small issue with leaks, and see how your pressure is reacting to your snores.
The main question here is that Vulcan Science Academy question, How do you feel?
Any adjustments should be small and tried for several days, preferably a week.
No CPAP adjustments are needed. 

Max adjustment should be .4 cmw (you can only adjust in .2 cmw increments) at this level.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
First of all, thank you for your help bonjour.  

Using a scale of 1-10, I would say if my sleep was mostly 8 and 9s during the first 6 months of CPAP I would now rate my sleep mostly as 6,7, and 8s.  Its still good, but not as good as before.   I don't have enough data to correlate anything, but if I had to guess, when those high mask leaks occur I wake up and adjust the mask and then fall back pretty much immediately.  Waking up 4 times a night clearly is better than the hundreds of apneas a night I was having pre-treatment, but with the mask I am fully waking up.  

What is the metric that indicates mouth breathing vs masks leaks?  Feel free to point me to the wiki, I haven't spent enough time reading it yet, but I will.   

After my cold fully passes, I will watch my data to see if what I posted was a typical night or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anything that wakes you up, alarm clock, kids, wife, etc. not included, needs/should be looked at and corrected to improve your quality of sleep. 
this is a detailed look into leaks.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Head#Leaks
Flat tops in the leak chart tend to be mouth leaks or mouth breathing.

If something is waking you up turn off your machine and immediately turn it back on.  This will place a "marker" in the chart immediately after the event occurred.  It says look here when you do it.

Read the Mask Primer.  It does contain the above link.  With the P10 that clip I use works wonders for my mask leaks.

The New to Apnea link contains a ton of info on your care, and is growing.

Fred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-14-2018, 01:35 PM)bonjour Wrote: If something is waking you up turn off your machine and immediately turn it back on.  This will place a "marker" in the chart immediately after the event occurred.  It says look here when you do it.

Brilliant, thank you.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all the info. Ill bump the thread if I have additional questions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Mask recommendation for a sensitive side-sleeper who might have an unusual face shape PersonInNY 6 189 Yesterday, 10:44 AM
Last Post: PersonInNY
  Side sleeper vs. Back sleeper readings Bob Cali 4 466 02-21-2024, 09:54 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,273 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  airfit: switching to P30i for side sleeper from P10??? rebean 2 596 09-28-2023, 12:37 PM
Last Post: rebean
  Beard with a full mask AirTouch F20 resmed Slopey 5 1,241 09-09-2023, 08:36 PM
Last Post: NorthCoastLocal
  Best mask for beard! Red Sunset 11 4,286 08-29-2023, 10:59 AM
Last Post: SolidPaint
  Leaks and mask displacement for side-to-stomach sleepers. Tape down nasal pillows? Bostonsnow 0 695 08-13-2023, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Bostonsnow

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.