Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] FFM turning the corner for me!
FFM turning the corner for me!
I had resigned myself to always having a higher AHI because I have to use a FFM now. I miss using nasal pillows so very very much. But I just could not figure out why I started with the cheek puffing and the lip leaking. I tried chin straps, the PAPcap, all sorts of stuff (I refuse to even discuss lip taping). And while the PAPcap worked (when it was in place) and to some degree the chin strap did too (my skin could not tolerate the material), it just was not working out. I had a line marked in the Sandman's Sand and they crossed it.

I tried several FFMs and settled on the Simplus. Then I tried the Remzzz liners and that fixed the biggest problem (slight leaking into my eyes). But then I went down in size on the mask and continued using the larger size liners. Had lots of leaks. Got the right size liner and boom, gone. The leaks are minimal. I still get sudden spikes 'cause the hose pops off. And I need to make the Woozle to stop some others, but wow. This is amazing.

Then something happened. I dunno what changed. But the AHI dropped. As in dropped from the 3-5 range to the .8-2 range. And I get more .something than ever.

I am sleeping better. I had several nights where I had weird dreams, probably because I was sleeping deeper, getting better REM. I also slept longer than usual but am now back to my usual 8-9hrs.

[Image: SH-results01_zpspdtmg4yr.jpg]
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: FFM turning the corner for me!
You've done a lot of work. Thank goodness it paid off! I think this is a good lesson for us all.
if you can't decide then you don't have enough data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great story! Proof that having a comfortable solution counts! And that persistence pays!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
A really encouraging story Paula. I remember you encountered problems with leaks just about the time I signed on with the forum. Your persistence has really paid off and I am happy for you. A good night's sleep is priceless in my opinion. Here is hoping for continued good luck at your place.
Post Reply Post Reply
Paula,
Your determination in doing whatever is necessary in making that mask work for you has paid off. Thumbs-up-2

I think new folk should be encouraged by your efforts. I remember reading many a post by you and the troubles you've had with different masks. Good for you!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too started feeling more rested after to switching to a FFM seven months ago. I also wake up less often. Haven't noticed any improvement in my AHI, though.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job! I hope to follow in your footsteps some day. I had a nice thread going but I digress. I too will be trying FFM. I like the liberty but lately I cannot keep the pillows in place. Last night was a classic 3am, rip the mask off, storm out of the room, trip over the dog, bang my knee on the door casing... Annoyed-and-disappointed Perturbed

"Alexa, shuffle symphony orchestra playlist"
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been at this a while. Nasal pillows worked for me for years and I really miss them. But the lip leaking started and nothing I did would stop it.

To have the AHI this low is just amazing. It's not been this low in forever, even with the nasal pillows. That's why my pressure is so high.

But yeah, stick with it. Keep going. Keep gathering data then figuring out what needs to be changed. Keep a record of what changes you make.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am very glad for you Paula. It is great when your effort pays off and it sure sounds like yours did.
BananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBananaBanana

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I too am a firm believer in the FFM cult. Too-funnyBigwink
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help fine turning APAP settings for better night sleep livsmonster 4 786 04-26-2023, 12:47 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11: SmartStart is Off, but Airsense keeps turning on by itself kklein 4 3,489 03-09-2023, 08:34 PM
Last Post: kklein
  AirSense 11 Turning Off Humidifier? CChamp 3 5,623 06-09-2022, 11:30 AM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Looks like I am turning my machine on and off all night piratekitty 16 1,595 12-02-2021, 02:59 PM
Last Post: piratekitty
  Newbie - Stuffy nose turning me into mouth breather Bert S 16 1,849 10-15-2021, 03:13 PM
Last Post: Bert S
  Filters turning black? RosieB08 11 6,183 08-12-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: SleeplessinPgh
  Aircurve 10 st turning off while sleeping. OregonCentral 2 707 07-04-2021, 04:30 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.