Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Fabrication of an Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS)
RE: Fabrication of an Enhanced Expiratory Rebreathing Space (EERS)
Issue 3. The full-blown test should be in a WIKI article.  We don't have the same restrictions there. PM SuperSleeper to get Wiki editor capabilities.
Post Reply Post Reply
Excel workbook will be fine.  Ultimately converting to a table for the wiki or a screen print.

The ultimate goal is to provide an article which can be read and understood. By the reader and backed by the solid data.  The charts are important because that is how most users review their data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-29-2019, 06:27 PM)bonjour Wrote: The chart you posted 23 Nov shows a min pressure of 8, EPR = 3, EPAP = 5. This means I chose this because it is a thearaputic range you are currently using.  The proposed values, EPAP =8, are 3 cmw higher than you are currently using.  Look

I figured to center around that.  And yes the important part is the constant EPAP.  EPAP is the pressure that manages obstructive apnea

I don't want this to go where you are uncomfortable either in range of pressure or physically.

Randomized order, as I said I defer your expertize there.

Okay.  I only partially understood what you were saying but this helps a lot.  I will use the constant EPAP of 5.  This means that when I set the EPR to 3 the min pressure will be simultaneously set to 8 and EPAP will be 5.  When I turn the EPR off (corresponding to an EPR value of 0) the minimum pressure will simultaneously set to 5 with the EPAP also at 5.

I do have two nights data at max pressure of 18 (with EPR off).  One night was fine, but the second night I had some difficulty exhaling against that much pressure.  I think I should probably not go all the way to 18 or 20 on the max pressure, but know I can tolerate a max pressure of 16.
Post Reply Post Reply
16 will be fine
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Implications of Expiratory mouth breathing? SingleH 9 488 02-09-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,638 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  EERS using Resmed AirFit P30i Mask GrantT 6 1,152 10-11-2023, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Too Sleepy
  ASV, N20, EERS?, How I quit mouth tape. Rich66 0 475 10-01-2023, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Expiratory flow limitations? Michael2 25 1,485 08-16-2023, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  what is this in expiratory cycle? koy23 7 790 01-05-2023, 02:07 PM
Last Post: koy23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.