Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Factory Reset - DeVilbiss Intellipap SleepCube AutoAdjust
Wink 
Factory Reset - DeVilbiss Intellipap SleepCube AutoAdjust
Hi Everyone,

I'm a new poster although I have been lurking here over the years and due to very poor overall health, haven't had the energy and desperation to say hello to you before now. I am sorry for that because you are all very interesting to follow, and gold mines of helpful info. I am still running a DeVilBiss SleepCube Auto but I hope to upgrade shortly. In the mean time, I am hoping for some help. I have long had the "Quick Setup Guide" which I very gratefully received via email from those who kindly run the email service here at apneaboard.com and this allowed me to successfully set the machine to my needs. 

I may be wrong about this, but I am beginning to wonder if when I was last in the clinician menu if I bumped something I shouldn't have because I am getting a lot of air filling my stomach and making me very nauseous. I am a bad mouth breather through my full face mask at the best of times but things have never been so bad that I need to rip the mask off and discontinue treatment. Just to be certain, I feel that I should start with standard settings, then just set my correct range and then see what happens.

Yes, I am trying to contact my sleep therapist, but when I enquired last at the hospital, she was away on long service leave. I think it must be close to her return. I will chase her up on Monday and even if she is not, I'll speak to someone else in her absence. Regardless, even if I do speak with her, I think setting the machine back to default is wise, given that I am worried that I have inadvertently changed the wrong settings. The other diseases I have play strange effects on my recall and cognitive functions at times, and I am just not sure what I did. It would be wise to factory reset it, but also I hope to upgrade it, and in the event I pass it on to someone else, I don't want them getting my mucked up settings and trying it. Thanks for any thoughts you may have to offer.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Factory Reset - DeVilbiss Intellipap SleepCube AutoAdjust
You are using a CPAP pressure of 12. Do you have the SmartFlex setting enabled to 3? This would drop your pressure during exhale, and possibly relieve the aerophagia.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi MaximumWarp,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hopefully, you can figure out your settings, good luck to you.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi and thanks for the helpful suggestion. I have had one of those "DOH" moments and solved my own problem. While the quick setup guide did not tell me how to do a factory reset, in the right column it did show what the factory default setting for each setting was supposed to be, so while it was slightly more laborious, I was able to go through the menus and set the machine back to default and discover where the problems were that way.

I had changed more than I realised under the advanced menus - then I started to remember that I had come from an old Philips Respironics that I did understand the terminology of quite well, but the SleepCube used very strange terminology and I admit to taking some guesses as to what some settings did. The moral of the story is that if you don't understand and KNOW for a FACT what a setting is, leave the silly thing well alone!

Lesson humbly learnt! Thanks so much for your assistance. I slept last night with the defaults and with the SmartFlex probably unnecessarily backed off to 1 (it had been on 3) but I coped fine and I had absolutely no air in my stomach whatsoever, so that was a great success! Yay! I do think this was to do with the advanced settings more than the SmartFlex settings however, but if I am OK with the lower SmartFlex settings, I will stick with them. The next thing I can probably do is allow the machine control over a wider range now that the faults/problems are fixed. It was absolutely intolerable if it went to higher pressures so I restricted it to 11.5 even though it wants to go higher than that at times. But the upper range will be the ONLY thing I will change! 

Another smart thing to do in future that I really should have known better is to make one change at a time, and see how that affects things, especially when dealing with a new machine, but really at any time. It is the scientific method, but it requires patience - something that like many of us, I obviously lacked! lol!

Thanks Trish, 

As you can now see, I did get there in the end. My eyes have been opened and now I see! ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 189 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question [CPAP] Reset motor run hours after new motor djforrestidaho 9 760 12-06-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Any one know how reset the Resmed Airsense 10? hs8738 8 27,603 11-24-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apex XT Auto CPAP - Error 003 - Factory Reset? zephyr325 0 833 05-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Last Post: zephyr325
  Remstar pro m series two beeps how can I reset? cantgettosleep 2 1,039 05-21-2023, 10:31 AM
Last Post: cantgettosleep
  [CPAP] DeVilbiss Smartlink Module DV5M fault innovativekiwi 0 582 01-10-2023, 01:43 AM
Last Post: innovativekiwi
  IntelliPAP 2 & IntelliPAP Blue (DV63 & DV64) Service Manual now available SuperSleeper 0 454 11-21-2022, 04:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.