Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Fail during ramp up - Resmed
Fail during ramp up - Resmed
A few days ago my CPAP (Resmed Airsense 10) stopped working.  When I turn it on it begins the normal process of ramping up but then quits when it gets to "4".

There are no error messages, but I do see the flashing snowflake in the upper right hand corner of the screen.  The snowflake indicates cool down but that doesn't seem relevant as it was off all day before I tried to start it up.

Any recommendations?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fail during ramp up - Resmed
The first things to check will be the Ramp Time and the Start Pressure. These are in the Comfort section of the Clinical menu.

I'm pretty sure that 4 is the default start pressure, but I'm not sure how it would get reset to that.

Also, a complete power down (unplug the power brick) - 2 to 3 minutes should be enough - and then a restart may clear it up.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
How old is the PAP and how many hours? Might be a good idea to include an OSCAR screenshot so we can see a bit of what's going on.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Any chance you are using smart start ( I think that is what they call it) where the machine starts when you begin breathing and stops when you take the mask off? If so try it turned off.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Powering it off for a few minutes fixed the problem, thanks!

Thanks for the recommendation on OSCAR, I didn't know anything about it.  I have now installed it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the easy fix.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Equipment] N30i / P30i pillow attachment fail glomph 2 342 01-09-2024, 09:10 PM
Last Post: glomph
  Dreamstation 2 ramp time Sir Snoresalot 4 401 01-08-2024, 08:35 AM
Last Post: StratCat48
  What To Do When Soft Cervical Collars Fail mawaw1992 22 2,024 10-30-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: mawaw1992
  Question re ramp up/starting pressure airsense 11 rebean 3 602 07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Melman
  [Equipment] Turn off Ramp. CactusJack 4 9,203 03-30-2023, 11:25 AM
Last Post: DISleepApnea
  Ramp Time JeffL 4 608 03-28-2023, 08:04 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Machine noise during ramp-up. rfkennard 0 412 01-05-2023, 07:31 PM
Last Post: rfkennard

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.