Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Faulty DreamStation CPAP Pro?
Faulty DreamStation CPAP Pro?
I am having two worrying issues in terms of potentially not being seen as "compliant" on my Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro. I have only had it and used it for just over 24 hours. I slept from 19:11 to 23:12 and then from 03:50 to 08:07 in US EDT time and it seems the device itself doesn't parse this information even though it recorded it.

First issue is that the "My Info" section on the device itself displays nothing but zero values, even after 12PM GMT and 12PM in my local time zone (and past 12pm on the device itself).

All values such as AHI, Therapy Hours, Mask Fit are integer zero (0) or decimal zero (0.0).

The "Compliance" widget under "My Provider" just has dashes next to "Start day", "Days > 4" and says Check Code "00"

However, the "Phone-In" widget indicates 8.4 therapy hours, yet says "Days > 4" as "0" even though those 8.4 hours were within the same 24 hour period.

Also, the device HAS recorded data to the memory card, because when I import it into SleepyHead, it indicates, accurately, that I had slept twice for 4 hours each, and indicates a non-zero AHI value and non-zero values for most everything else with what appears to be accurate data. As well as graph data. So the DreamStation is clearly having no issue recording data to the memory card.

Second issue is manual upload always fails:

"My Provider" then "Upload / Send/Receive"

About 10 seconds after pressing that it always says:
"X Failed
3-0: Call Product Support"

I verified that the modem is securely connected, and the CPAP sees it as active as it indicates 2 out of 5 signal bars.

I realize that data is sent automatically, but I wanted to make sure it is sending the data for compliance reasons and if the manual upload button is failing to upload that worries mm.

I've read through the Provider/Clinician manual and user manuals and have researched both issues to no avail so I'm hoping someone else who has experience with this device can shed some light on whether those two things are normal behavior or not.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Faulty DreamStation CPAP Pro?
Update on issue #1: All screens except for the "Compliance" screen I mentioned above now displays non-zero values. Also "Periodic Breathing" is 0.0 but I suppose that's normal since SleepyHead also reflects a zero value on that parameter.

However, the manual "Send/Receive data" function still fails with the same error.

So I believe issue #1 is solved.

I guess it was configured to not count the first 24 hours worth of data for whatever reason, and only began counting day 2 and onward.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New CPAP user, help with Dreamstation settings IndigoLioness 10 777 12-09-2023, 04:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Equipment] I think my ResMed Airsense 10 machine is faulty – Can any one please help . BangkokBoy 13 1,947 09-28-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: stevew77
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 549 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  12 volt battery adapter for Philips Respironics CPAP DreamStation Tech6 9 934 09-04-2023, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Apneaway
  Unable to change my Dreamstation 2 CPAP settings mkorine1 5 4,980 05-21-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Jeff Rogers
  Could My Aircurve 10 ASV Be Faulty From New? Trevor G 7 819 05-14-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Trevor G
  CPAP Athlete Dreamstation Settings pandaman13 28 3,265 01-27-2023, 01:05 PM
Last Post: pandaman13

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.