Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Filter Change!
RE: Filter Change!
I am using the white hypoallergenic filters too. They were tha ones that came to me in Resmed plastic little sealed bags with 2 filters per bag. That is one of the things that made me wonder. The other thing was Paula's picture of her dirty filter with another filter next to it. Does that make it a dirty picture? Anyway those were the 2 things that made me wonder.

Paula,

I just changed my filter and it was not quite as bad as yours but it was getting there.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed say replace the air filter every 6 months or more often if necessary
My S9 machine came with the standard air filter and that what I,m using
S9 and AirSense 10 uses the same air filter
Post Reply Post Reply
The one filter was the dirty one (the one on the right, in case you can't tell), the other was the clean one for comparison.

When I first gone mine, they had two very, very thin filters in there. I did that for a long time but the holder kept popping off so I stopped. They send me packets of these really cheap crappy things but I got some hypoallergic filters that are thicker and I started using them. I like them much better. They seem to stop more and when I traveled with them, I didn't notice the stinky hotel smells like I used to before.

Next time I change, I'll take a better photo. I know I have other pics but I can't find them. That one is rather out of focus. Sleep drunk, maybe?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-08-2014, 10:07 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Sleep drunk, maybe?

How does your CPAP score that?? Big Grin

Thanks for the response. I changed my filter and found some dirt on the case underneath the single filter that I had in there indicating some bypass. So with the replacement I doubled it up. I use the hypoallergenic filter media too.

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, when I brought mine into the office and viewed it in the better light, I found some dust in that area too, around those spikey thingabobs. I figured next time I vacuum, I'll use the extension and GENTLY vacuum that off. We use a Dyson and I don't want it to pull the guts of the autoset out!

I also have a blower I use on my computers but it is very strong. I don't think it would be a good idea in this case.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2014, 03:19 PM)zonk Wrote: ResMed say replace the air filter every 6 months or more often if necessary
My S9 machine came with the standard air filter and that what I,m using
S9 and AirSense 10 uses the same air filter

I think the "change every 6 months" must refer to the standard filter, and only if used in a very clean environment.

The hypoallergenic filter clogs up more quickly.

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh so nice to have an Airsense Autoset A10. I can set an alarm to remind when to change things. Thanks Resmed.

Laugh-a-lot

Chip
Post Reply Post Reply
The S9 has that feature too. But I will not be told what to do by an inanimate object!

I set a reminder on my phone instead.

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-09-2014, 10:25 AM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The S9 has that feature too. But I will not be told what to do by an inanimate object!

I set a reminder on my phone instead.

Obviously because your phone is animate? Huhsign Big Grin

Admin Note:

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
The PRS1 has the reminder feature too but I agree with P02, I shall not allow my pap machine to tell me what to do. I also use my phone and per Payton because it is self aware Big Grin
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 316 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.