Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Filter Change!
RE: Filter Change!
Can't find the thread now but there was a thread where a dollar bill was slide behind the filter on the ResMed S9 .. showing that air was by passing the filter .. I revisited the problem today while cleaning the machine and I changed the filter on the back of my machine as it had been 6 weeks .. it was then I noticed that the filter holder needed to be snapped into place at the bottom and if this was done the filter is doing its job in the holder.. you can't pass a piece of paper behind the filter as was shown in the other thread !!

wonder how many don't have it snapped into the bottom .. Mine wasn't and came right out of the box that way ..
Post Reply Post Reply
It snaps into place?? Really? Now I gotta go look. I've looked before to see what magic holds it in place. Mine just kinda sits there.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2014, 03:14 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: It snaps into place?? Really? Now I gotta go look. I've looked before to see what magic holds it in place. Mine just kinda sits there.

and your outcome was ??

Post Reply Post Reply
So .. how many are running to check their S9 ResMed Machines ??
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a natural blonde. I totally forgot to look. Duh. Going now.

Yep, two at the top and two at the bottom. I'd been getting the two on the top but not the bottom. Or maybe I was sometimes and not others. But even with mine in, it still wiggled about. I didn't have any money to try the test, though.

By the way, I brought my machine in here to the office where I had the brighter lights. First time I've ever had it ought of the bedroom. Gah, that thing needs a cleaning! I dust off the top of it but apparently the past two years of sprinkling water, using it to hold my choc milk glass, my Mtn Dew can, and other drinks and whatever else I happened to need a stand for, kinda grimed it up a bit. When I do filter changes, I'll bring it out into the light and give it a good check over.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
No no no noo don't bring it out in the light it could burst into flame!!! I'm still too scared to check my filter.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a question concerning filters for S9 machines. Paula, your pictuire showed 2 pieces of filter material and my 3 month supply of filter replacements came in 3 plastic bags with 2 pieces of filter media in each bag.

Should 2 filters be used at the same time on the machine?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
When I first got my S9, I was using 2 filters, the standard and the hypoalergenic at the same time. But, I mentioned I was doing that,on a thread here, and was told that it would be better if I only used one or the other and not both. I was just going by the idea that it was the same on the Resmed machine as it was on the Respironics; you can use 2 different ones in those machines but not on the Resmed machines. Anyway, I just use the hypoalergenic filter.
Gee,, I hope that made sense, WOW.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I was also told to ONLY use the white hypoallergenic filter. I suspect it changes the flow of air into the machine and either affects the machine (making it work too hard) or changes the amount of air going through the hose.
Evpraxia in the Pacific Northwest USA
Diagnosed: 44 AHI when supine, O2 down to 82%
Treated since 20 Sept 2014:: 0.7 AHI, Settings 7-15, EPR on Full Time at Level 3
Better living through CPAP/APAP machines!
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2014, 10:53 PM)Evpraxia Wrote: I was also told to ONLY use the white hypoallergenic filter. I suspect it changes the flow of air into the machine and either affects the machine (making it work too hard) or changes the amount of air going through the hose.
Hi Evpraxia,
I found that when I used only the hypoallergenic filter that, my machine worked mor smoothly, so I'm glad I started doing that.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  Any change recommendations to machine? NativTxn 2 316 02-17-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NativTxn
  [Symptoms] Recent Symptom - Settings Change? MamaK55 1 164 02-10-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 323 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.