Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Filter change time!
RE: Filter change time!
A filter? Hmm guess I gotta check into one. Smile Right after coffee...

Nah seriously, I do the filter change monthly. The dog that lets me sleep in his room has a 12 month shedding season.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
For some reason, genuine ResMed filters are difficult to find.  Most vendors only sell third-party "compatible" filters, most commonly made by a company called AG that does not publish filtration specs for its filters.  The Apria-branded filters have such an open weave that they would appear effective only to block insects, not dust.

After an extensive search, I found 3 online sources for genuine ResMed Hypoallergenic filters.  (I did not search for the standard filters.)

One consideration in buying larger bags is that the filters are not individually wrapped within the bag.

Supplier #14 sells them only in bags of 50.

CPAPMan sells them in bags of 2, 12 and 50.

BestCPAPprice sells them in bags of 2 and 50.

Supplier #10 also sells them, but at much higher prices.
Post Reply Post Reply
Best CPAPprice also sells them in a 12 pack.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Haha I had just changed mine two days ago but I have a question regarding which side is supposed to be out versus in.  My ResMed AS10 filter has, subtle but there, a smooth side and a rough side.

Forgot to notice when I changed the one that came with my new machine.  Might not matter but I suspect it does make a difference.

Anyone?  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-10-2018, 08:20 PM)CZOscar Wrote: Haha I had just changed mine two days ago but I have a question regarding which side is supposed to be out versus in.  My ResMed AS10 filter has, subtle but there, a smooth side and a rough side.

Forgot to notice when I changed the one that came with my new machine.  Might not matter but I suspect it does make a difference.

Anyone?  Thank you.

I'm of the understanding the rougher side faces out to give more trapping/filtering surface area.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes. The rough side catches the bigger pieces help keep the finer side clean longer.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Great - that was my thought and how I placed it but wasn’t 100% certain.

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well I did not know that. Guess I'll start paying attention to which way I put the filter in. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Beet, none of the suppliers you listed sell genuine Resmed filters. They are either AG or Sunset Medical. I think I only found them at one place for about $6 for 2/pkg.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2018, 10:28 PM)Mosquitobait Wrote: Beet, none of the suppliers you listed sell genuine Resmed filters.  They are either AG or Sunset Medical.  I think I only found them at one place for about $6 for 2/pkg.

CPAPMan does sells the genuine filters, both standard and hypoallergenic.  Try searching for the ResMed hypoallergenic part number: 36856.  Their product page says "by ResMed" near the top center.  I bought a bag of 12 from them in July 2017.  The ResMed markings on the plastic bag and the filters themselves look completely genuine.

BestCPAPprice also had the genuine hypoallergenic in July 2017, but I see that now they only list the genuine standard filters.  My apologies, but it's probably worth checking back with them in future.

I don’t think we're allowed to post URLs, but go to Supplier #14 and search for SKU# 36858, which is the ResMed part number for a bag of 50.  The product page describes it as OEM, which is ambiguous, so I emailed them in October 2016, and they assured me it was genuine ResMed.  I did not actually buy from them because 50 seemed excessive.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 7 307 3 hours ago
Last Post: Jay51
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,725 4 hours ago
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Change Owner Name of machine eswagar 8 145 5 hours ago
Last Post: eswagar
  Inspiration and Expiration Time MrIvanDrago 18 1,131 04-22-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  My insp time is always longer than my exp time...is that bad? jake79 2 103 04-22-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: jake79
  myAir when sleep time is 4am to 4pm the next day iknownothing 1 95 04-22-2024, 12:31 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 12 317 04-20-2024, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.