Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Filter change time!
RE: Filter change time!
The other night, all the neighborhood chimney smoke was close to the ground and for some reason, it was stinking up our house. It was so bad we went outside and walked around to make sure nothing was on fire. Nope, just atmospheric pressure. I said I ought to change my filter in the morning, just to make sure I get it all out 'cause the smoke gave me one heck of a coughing fit.

It apparently has been a while since I changed it. Probably since the last time I did this reminder. Dang, Paula, you is nasty, girl.

So here is your reminder: Time to change the filter!

And while you are at it, check everything for cracks, holes, etc.
How is the mask? Are the pieces parts still holding together?
What about the hoses? When's the last time they all got a really, really good cleaning? And that humidifier tub, how is it doing?
Give the entire machine a good once over, wipe it all down, clean under it, etc. Tell it you love it very much and appreciate all it does for you.

[Image: filter-0114.jpg]
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2012, 02:08 PM)zonk Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 10:45 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: .[Image: filter-nasty01.jpg]
do you run the machine on diesel Too-funny

Too-funny good one. zonk
I still have a rented one for few more days until I buy new one hope they were telling me the truth but it looks very clean just looked
Post Reply Post Reply
I change my filter every 2 weeks (or twice a month depending how many weeks are in the month) we have 3 fur kids so it is something I have to do. I wipe the machine and humidifier down daily (not with a cleaner) because fur is on it and I also get a lot of fur on my mask just the short time I take it off when I wake up and before I wash it. Fur is everywhere lol
Post Reply Post Reply
Can you wash the ResMed filter? Mine was not very dirty after 2 months so I washed it and it looks like new. Is it okay to use it again?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2014, 12:19 PM)Lukie Wrote: Can you wash the ResMed filter? Mine was not very dirty after 2 months so I washed it and it looks like new. Is it okay to use it again?

I don't think a disposable filter would stand up to being washed. Mine always look pretty clean but you might not be able to see what has been filtered and is in the middle layers of the filter. They are so inexpensive that I just change mine 2 times per month and it helps preserve the machine (paying $41 per month for a machine is another way to make me want to keep the maintenance up); I have always been pretty anal about filter changes, etc. I wasn't always diligent with washing the head gear as much as I have been with the other parts.
Post Reply Post Reply
My DME is cheap and gives RESMED style filters and not the real mc Coy i ordered some on [Supplier #1] and those also were ResMed style. It is hard to find the real deal when it comes to filters.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed

I removed the direct web address for the supplier from your post and inserted the link to the Supplier List. Per Apnea Board Rules, the only commercial links or web addresses allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. If you'd like to refer to the web address of a specific online CPAP Supplier (DME or Durable Medical Equipment retail store), please read our instructions on how to do that - guidelines are placed on our CPAP Supplier List (link at the top right of our forums).
Thanks for your understanding.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I actually prefer the disposable filters because I don't know if I could get them clean enough and get the trapped dirt, etc. out of the middle of the filters. I just change them and throw the ones away that I took out and I am done. I have enough to wash and keep clean without adding filters to the list of equipment to wash! this is just what I prefer and works for me. We all like things done a certain way so whatever works for one may not work for someone else. BTW, I don't know what brand of filters I get but I am not a fan of ResMed's head gear or their masks (for me they just don't hold up...the head gear especially) but I am a BIG fan of their machines
Post Reply Post Reply
It's that time of year again! Time to change the filters!

Just kidding. You really should be changing the filters once a month but some of us (cough) forget to do it.

It is also the start of allergy season in the Northern Hemisphere so we have pollen fun. And in the Southern Hemisphere, the change to fall means the start of leaf molds and the like. Folks who are sensitive to that kind of stuff really ought to be changing their filters more often or at least checking it each week or so.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
yep. don't wait too long:

[Image: Lrguo04.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, so not the beginning of the month but it has been a while since I last did a reminder.

I've changed mine recently due to a trip where I stayed in a hotel. I always change mine after due to the stinky smells. Blech, that filter was nasty looking! Seriously, I do think I run a diesel engine near my CPAP!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 200 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 835 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 116 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 608 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 243 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.