Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Filter change time!
Filter change time!
Because so many of us are old(er) and maybe not as sharp as we once were, I thought I'd take this time to tell you:

Beginning of the month! Change your filters.

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Filter change time!
what a coincidence ... just did the washing and changed the filter
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9hVh-WxLMdAZjaEa9gae...2J0XCGxoYA] [Image: s9-filter-standard.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Paula, Thanks again for the reminder.
Got it taken care of for this month.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
And this is why you must remember to change your filter. I must not have done it last month.

This is also why I don't have my machine on the floor. Old house, tall ceilings, wood floors = lots of dust. Add in 3 dogs and 2 cats? Shoo nasty.

On the left is, obviously, a new filter. On the right is the shoo nasty one. That's the side that was facing out. The other side isn't as bad. And, sadly, I've had worse.

[Image: filter-nasty01.jpg]
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, mine was pretty dirty.
Mary
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-03-2012, 10:45 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: .[Image: filter-nasty01.jpg]
do you run the machine on diesel Too-funny

Post Reply Post Reply
If you have an S9, you can set a "reminder" in the machine to tell you when to change your filter.
Set whatever interval you want.
The reminder shows up on the display screen & can be easily seen.
You have to get rid of the message by pressing down on the turn knob before you can do anything else like look at your information, etc.

Per ResMed, the S9 filter can last as long as 6 months - although I would NOT recommend that you go that long before changing it.

I have my reminder set for every 30 days & it just came up a couple of days ago.
Looked at filter I had put in 60 days previous & it still looked like it did the day I put it in.
Whether or not it needs to be changed, I will probably still change it at the 90 day mark.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reminder. Mine was pretty grey compared to a new one.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't think I ever look at the screen on mine. By the time I turn it on, my glasses are off. And when I turn the machine off, I've not put my glasses on.

There's no way I'd leave a few millimeter thin filter on for 6 months. Even if you live in a pet free, smoke free, low humidity, etc house, there's no way a filter like that could last that long.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Man, I totally missed this month's reminder. Had other things going on last week.

I know it is the holidays and all that but it would be good to change it now. The stress of family, friends, parties, heavy food, change in routines etc etc would be helped by getting good sleep!

So, change those filters!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.