Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Filter change time!
RE: Filter change time!
I know there was a thread about tis . I wonder how it came out? what side of the s9 filter faces out? rough or smooth? AND I think that is a really nice thing to do. Remind us elderly people to change the filter
THANK YOU
Dan
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi HILLTOPPER,
In my S9AutoSet, I use two (2,) filters. The rough filter lays next to the machine, (it goes in first,) and the smooth, (hypo-allergenic)filter goes in on top of the rough filter, (away from the machine,) I hope that makes sense.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I just have the one filter one side rough & the other smooth. Maybe I need the hypo one?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2012, 02:04 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi HILLTOPPER,
In my S9AutoSet, I use two (2,) filters. The rough filter lays next to the machine, (it goes in first,) and the smooth, (hypo-allergenic)filter goes in on top of the rough filter, (away from the machine,) I hope that makes sense.

Is using 2 filters at the same time a good idea?
Are you not restricting the air flow to the machine?

But if you continue to use 2 filters at the same time, I would put the hypo-allergenic filter in first (closest to the machine).
That way the "rough filter" (the ResMed "Standard" filter) would filter out the larger particles leaving the finer ones to be caught by the hypo-allergenic filter.

The way you are doing it now, there is nothing that the hypo-allergenic filter does not catch that is left for the Standard filter to catch.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Steu, Thanks for the suggestion about changing the filters around. I used to use a Respironics machine and could use two filters in it. In the S9, I have not noticed any reduction in airflow with using two filters. However, if it is better to use only one, I can start doing that, no problem.
Thanks again for the tip.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My Escape came with 2 filters installed but the cover kept falling off. I finally gave up and just use one.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that's the way my s9 came and, if memory serves me correctly, the rough filter lays against the machine and the smooth (hypo-allergenic,)filter lays on top of that.
I have been able to manage it but it is kind of tricky.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Mine were exactly the same. Have I mentioned my DME are idiots?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ha-Ha, yeah, but it doesn't hurt to be reminded again, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2012, 05:26 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Yeah, that's the way my s9 came and, if memory serves me correctly, the rough filter lays against the machine and the smooth (hypo-allergenic,)filter lays on top of that.
I have been able to manage it but it is kind of tricky.

Did your S9 AutoSet really come with 2 filters already in the machine?

The specs for that machine state that it only has 1 filter.

Mine came with only the "Standard" filter.
But, I now use only the Hypo-allergenic filter (the ResMed brand one - not the Generic ones most DMEs now provide) because my group plan paid the same amount for either one.

I haven't bought any filters since I became enrolled in Medicare, so I am not sure if Medicare pays the same amount for either filter.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 203 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,416 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  [Equipment] Should I turn on the AB Filter option on my AirSense 10 AutoSet for these filters? cLoo 10 837 03-22-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  [CPAP] Prisma 20A - Change of machine and regression elliott.981. 17 1,701 03-21-2024, 10:25 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Filter types vs. original for AirSense 10 fotjon 3 117 03-21-2024, 12:57 AM
Last Post: stevew168
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 614 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.