Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Filter change time!
RE: Filter change time!
Are the hypoallergenic filters better than the OEM filters?
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose. They aren't meant to replace the regular filters, if I remember correctly. They go in-line, don't they?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
It looks like they replace the regular filters. Same size and shape at least. I was thinking about getting a few to try.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 09:19 PM)Regular Joe Wrote: It looks like they replace the regular filters. Same size and shape at least. I was thinking about getting a few to try.
The hypo filters replaces standard filters (not extra)
Only use one or the other not two at the same time

Post Reply Post Reply
Ah! See, never listen to me. I don't know nothin'.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I know nothing Too-funny
[Image: 240px-Manuel_Waiter.jpg]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6EaoPMANQM
Post Reply Post Reply
Changed the "Non-disposable" as well as the "disposable" filter. Thanks
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
After seeing PaulaO2's filter picture, I decided to go check mine. Yep, time for a change. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2 Bump2

Good golly, I hope y'all haven't been waiting on this reminder! Sheesh! I totally forgot!
  • Anyway, change the filters (or at least check them).
  • Do a visual inspection of hoses, mask parts, and the machine itself.
  • When's the last time you washed the mask and humidifier tank? That long? You think like me! Which is scary, really.
  • Call your supplier and find out the supply schedule for your insurance. Mark these on the calendar. You pay the insurance bill then you should get your money's worth.
  • If you do not have insurance, ask if they have a "cash" policy. Then get online and see if anyone online has it cheaper.

Did I miss anything? Other than 3 months?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Just had a HUGE scare with losing a file on my computer. Well, it wasn't lost, but it was missing this huge chunk somehow. But I do lots of backups and all that so I dug around and found a complete version. For writers, losing a file is heart thudding, pants dirtying, sheer silence panic.

ANYWAY, that's my round-about way of saying it is time to do routines!

So, change that filter!

And while you are at it, do a backup of your patient file with Sleepyhead and/or ResScan.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 59 940 42 minutes ago
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] CPAP works, but at the same time doesn't AUniqueUsername 8 171 Today, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 218 04-15-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  Oscar 1.4.0 software time change keithy62 2 121 04-12-2024, 05:14 AM
Last Post: keithy62
  Long Time PAPer Trying to Dial It In again! dlbzone 5 266 04-11-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: dlbzone
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 368 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
Angry Waking Up with CPAP, Not Getting Full Nights Rest. What Settings to Change? xgrea40 3 324 04-01-2024, 11:40 AM
Last Post: jcp519

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.