Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Fit life mask
Fit life mask
my new fitlife total face mask came Via USPS yesterday i woke up and cleaned it then strapped it on and went back to bed.
after 3 hours of use i dont really have a feel for it but so far i like it.
ne more leaks at grige of nose blowing under my eye lid.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fit life mask
Hi WOGDOG: I have one and find it very comfortable. I haven't used it much though as it is too loud for my spouse (air vent). Maybe there is something wrong with it, but I don't think so. I called Respironics and the said they haven't had any complaints. Is yours noisy?
To err is human, but to really mess things up, you need a computer.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-05-2014, 09:03 AM)Airstream Wrote: Hi WOGDOG: I have one and find it very comfortable. I haven't used it much though as it is too loud for my spouse (air vent). Maybe there is something wrong with it, but I don't think so. I called Respironics and the said they haven't had any complaints. Is yours noisy?

hi airstream: my wife hasnt said anything yet, so i dont know.
i did find it it somewhat uncomfortable when i used my ramp setting i think but it felt good when i turned the ramp off
Post Reply Post Reply
Wondering about the noise?
Post Reply Post Reply
Since my wife and work opposite shifts she has been unable to provide info about the noise. I asked her this morning and she said it was about the same as my other mask just noisy when I have leaks
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi again WOGDOG:
Well, I'm guessing it's pretty quiet because neither you or your wife think it's noisy. I don't know what other masks you are using and don't know how the nasal ones are because I've never used them.
I actually talked to Respironics about mine, but they said they hadn't had any complaints. As a footnote to that, they didn't offer to inspect or replace mine either.
Noise doesn't bother me, but my wife can't sleep with a noisy mask next to her. Actually, I like the noise and it helps me go to sleep.
I use my Mirage Quattro as a standard concerning noise as it is virtually silent.
After you have used your Fitlife for awhile for awhile, I hope you will come back to this thread and update us on how you like it.
As a final note, anyone reading this who is not familiar with the Fitlife mask, it covers your entire face and looks similar to the face shield on an astronauts helmet. The main advantage to it is that it puts the pressure points at the edges on your face as opposed to around your nose and cheeks.

Post Reply Post Reply
Fitlife works well for me, as long as I clean / degrease my face and the mask seal every time before bed, it's great. Almost no leaks.

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 392 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,100 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Life of motor exceeded, Resmed S9 Reptile 13 12,254 01-21-2024, 04:31 PM
Last Post: dwd1249
  [CPAP] CPAP in Silent Mode and Mask Useful life meaning aconti 5 459 12-17-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: aconti
  Airsense 10 end of life JamesW 3 621 12-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: KSMatthew
  [Treatment] Waking up worse despite multiple changes, life feels awful davigalindo 10 953 10-26-2023, 07:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Motor Life Exceeded, at 21,900 hours Aircurve 10 Vauto Sleeprider 52 7,297 10-08-2023, 02:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.