Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Fit life total fit face mask
Fit life total fit face mask
My question is has anyone tried it? The resson is allergies.  I  now when i cut weeds and just use a dust mask it helps a bit.  Because the pollen still entersthough eyes. So would this make life easier in allergy  season
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Fit life total fit face mask
Gary1of2,
Your post is a bit puzzling.

Do you want to wear a Fitlife mask for Cpap use or gardening use?  

If for Cpap use, we can help, but for gardening use, not so much.  Just use a dust mask and goggles.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry not for gardening.  I was using that as a reference.  I was trying to see if it hlep nite time allergies.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, don't know if that type of mask would help with allergies.  I only know what I've read online.  The pressure is supposedly spread out over the entire face and more equalized so that the air would not irritate the eyes.  

I think you may want to consider seeing an ENT to see what he/she would recommend for your allergies.  

I suffer from allergies and congestion, so I know it can be a challenge.  I use nasal rinses daily, and at night, I use an eye ointment to keep my eyes from drying out.

Sometimes Claritin helps.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's not the mask itself that would help so much as a pollen filter on your machine. If you have pollen spores in your house they would get drawn in through your machine via the air intake anyways. I don't think the filter we have on our machines filters out pollen spores, but I may be wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, the Fitlife isn't going to help with that at all. There are filters for allergies but they don't always go where the usual filters go.

Use the humidifier and cover your machine during the day.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
There are hypo-allergenic filters available for your machine which according to Resmed filters 89.8% of particles of 0.5 micron.size. They claim a bacterial efficiency of 99.54%. I would think that this would filter out allergens but am not sure that the filter holder in the machine prevents much filter bypass.

Using the hypo-allergenic filters on the machine and the FitLife mask should reduce the allergens coming in contact with your eyes during the night but then are you going to wear goggles and a hypo-allergenic filtered mask during the day?

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
My allergies are wosre at nite than during the day. Unless i start cutting the property.
Post Reply Post Reply
The fit life will help a little just for whatever stuff happens to get stuck in the small filter by accident.
However:
Sounds like you have pollen in the house. 
You can get those big Honeywell air-purifiers that have HEPA filters and that should help clear things up.
They are big, about half the size of an oil drum.  Those are going to set you back a bit. 
Over $100 per unit and you'll need at least two just to cover most of a 1200 sq. ft. house.
Good news: They do work but it will take a few days to get most of the pollen levels down in your home.

Just my two cents.   Best of luck!

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Or it is something in the bedroom itself.

But a $100 is cheaper than the fit life, isn't it?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 517 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 398 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Life with Knightsbridge Dual Band Chin Strap cmpman1974 21 2,108 02-29-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Columbiabill
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 397 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 446 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Neck, face pain relef/exercises Weegie 0 169 02-11-2024, 10:16 AM
Last Post: Weegie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.