Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] For Her or Not For Her, that is the question
RE: For Her or Not For Her, that is the question
OLooking to get used Airsense auto set 10 for him?  Does the software update turn it into the latest model being sold new from ResMed? If not, how can I tell which used machine has these features as of this posting date? Firmware code, or serial number?

Yes I see the low prices online for new machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
The For Her algorithm is a softer algorithm, however, I'm told that the softer only lasts up to a pressure of about 12. Don't know about that but I do find that the For Her algorithm works better for me. The regular algorithm didn't seem any different from the S9. There is no cost difference, so I'd get the For Her one just in case you find the For Her algorithm works better for you. I switch to the regular algorithm in early Spring when I open the windows - seems to handle the allergies a little better. So, there you go - you can switch between them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Freetime: slightly off topic... but, no, ResMed doesn't do software upgrades to add new features to old machines. Your best bet is the exact model number on the back plate _and_ the serial number. The first two digits are a country of manufacture code that I can never remember, the next two are the year of this century, the third pair are the week of the year, and the last five are the sequence number.
Somebody posted the FAA Compliance Letter which listed all the different model numbers sold under the Autoset model name; it might be in the Wiki as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2018, 04:19 PM)pholynyk Wrote: Freetime: slightly off topic... but, no,

Yeah it was, fired off a post without thinking it through.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since my minimum is 15, the For Her option may not even matter. Especially now that they all do the same thing.

How do I know if it is one of those and not the older version, if I go with a "plain" Autoset?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Autoset is black, For-her is white with leaf inlays. You should consider Aircurve 10 Vauto because you have pressures higher than usual CPAP.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you go for the plain AirSense 10 my SN number started with 231726. So anything after that will be the up to date version.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
According to a video done by LankyLefty on YouTube, they are the same as of 2015 (that's when he did the video). The only diff is how they respond to events.

According to the video, regular Auto mode algorithm (available on both) does not respond to events unless you have 3 within a 4 minute period. It responds after the 3rd event by going up 3 points in pressure. The For Her algorithm responds to just 1 event by going up 2.5 points in pressure.

As for the Aircurve, no way I can afford one. I'd have to have another sleep test. I'll ask the DME about it, though.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Usually on the regular Air Sense 10 the pressure has already reacted to the flow limitations and prevented the events from happening in the first place.

LankyLefty has missed badly on his advice before. He ranked the Dreamwear mask without pillows as one of the top two pillow masks last year while leaving the Resmed P10 off the list.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with Walla. LankyLefty should be aware the For Her model special algorithm is set in "mode" and is in addition to the standard model. Either one is probably fine for you.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate question and clock question The Rog 8 2,422 04-02-2018, 07:29 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.