Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] From iBreeze to Autoset 10
From iBreeze to Autoset 10
New CPAP user here (diagnosed with AHI > 40) and I have a question / concern about pressure differences in two models. Both models are APAP with 4 - 16cm settings.

Insurance provided me a Resvent IBreeze (via rental). While it was working to reduce my AHI, I was not getting a good sleep most nights due rainfall. The iBreeze in the USA does not have a heated hose option and regardless of the humidity setting I used, it seemed to use the same amount of water nightly. So I started using it without water, but that was causing issues with my sinuses. I used it for 28 days. I returned this rental unit, before I was charged for a second month, due to lack of a heated hose option. My report over the first 28 days show my pressure was Median 4.8, 95% 6.9, and Max 8.3. My AHI was < 1.

I purchased a Resmed Autoset 10 (card to cloud) for slightly less than the price the rental would have costed via insurance.

I only have 2 nights with the Autoset 10 so far, BUT is shows my median pressure is 9.46 and 95% is 11.24.

How can there be such a difference in pressure between these two machines? It has me concerned and my sleep these past two night have not been very good. My AHI < 2, but I was being woken by sucking sounds if I open my mouth a little. I do not have EPR enabled (and I did not have Resvent IPR enabled either).
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: From iBreeze to Autoset 10
Hi kirby4564! - Welcome
What criteria does the iBreeze use to determine an event? The Resmed requires the apnea to last 10 seconds or more before recording it as an event. The Resmed uses flow limitations to determine a pressure increase. This could be one explanation. I see you have OSCAR listed. A screenshot of your Daily Screen, using the F12 key, or Fn+F12 for a Mac, will help greatly in seeing what is happening with your treatment.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
+1  Lolabove
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is an OSCAR image and also a Resvent screenshot.

I don't understand why the Resmed is using such higher pressures than the iBreeze. I am using the same Nasal Mask. The only other difference is the heated hose.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2022, 01:18 PM)kirby4564 Wrote: Here is an OSCAR image and also a Resvent screenshot.

I don't understand why the Resmed is using such higher pressures than the iBreeze. I am using the same Nasal Mask. The only other difference is the heated hose.

These two machines have different algorithm to deal with apneas, yes resmed's autoset algorithm react fast to apnea by increasing pressure than other machines
Post Reply Post Reply
1 second, The ResMed is responding to Flow Limitations. That is all. On either machine you should be at the higher pressure.
I would set your Min Pewssure to 9 and turn your EPR on to 3, Fulltime.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2022, 06:13 PM)Gideon Wrote: 1 second, The ResMed is responding to Flow Limitations.  That is all.  On either machine you should be at the higher pressure.
I would set your Min Pewssure to 9 and turn your EPR on to 3, Fulltime.

Sorry, I am a bit confused about your first sentence '1 second? Also, how is that for an entire month the iBreeze statistics were Median 4.8, 95% 6.9, and Max 8.3? The iBreeze barely ever went above 6 (see time distribution vs pressure below). And you are suggesting the ResMed should have a min pressure of 9? Does the iBreeze algorithm do this automatically?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Oddly enough, another member posted about his doctor's comments about the terrible algorithm of the iBreeze auto mode.

Link to actual post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid457015

Here is the quoted post:
(10-12-2022, 09:49 AM)SammNeedsHelp Wrote: I was using it in CPAP mode because the sleep doctor told me the resvent ibreeze has a terrible algorithm for its automatic. like it typically fails to sense disruptions in your breathing.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
1 second, how long it took me to I'd why the pressure increase with ResMed
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I will give your settings a try and report back. I guess this means the iBreeze was not accurately detecting events? I guess I am back to square one.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] New User w/ ResVent iBreeze 20A rstark13 5 132 03-26-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Need help with Airsense 10 AutoSet JonUK 2 125 03-25-2024, 06:11 PM
Last Post: JonUK
  Resvent iBreeze APAP and BiPAP info TechieHippie 2 263 02-04-2024, 03:11 PM
  Resvent iBreeze 20A my take kake26 5 719 01-31-2024, 03:42 PM
  [Equipment] Resvent iBreeze 25STA error code: 609 Mic0228 0 763 09-24-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: Mic0228
  Resvent iBreeze 20A - any info? BadGoodDeb 7 1,572 06-27-2023, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Resvent iBreeze 25STA Gabharv001 2 747 06-27-2023, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Powermax

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.