Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Getting a read out from an Autoset Spirit
Ohmy 
Getting a read out from an Autoset Spirit
Been using a CPAP since 2003. The difference is incredible, I take it everywhere I go. Won't sleep without it.

I recently graduated from a CDL school and got my CDL license. I am told I have to present a report of compliance to get a job. My problem is... how can I do that as the company who just recently supplied my new machine refuses to check out my old one. My old machine is an Autoset Spirit. Older larger model I obtained thru craigslist. Does anyone know how or where I might get a readout for this machine?
I have access to the clinicians report and will attempt to use that for the compliance....but how might I get a read out in case they won't accept that? Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Getting a read out from an Autoset Spirit
DOT compliance is an ongoing thing. You are going to need a current generation machine to get compliance data out of.
The Autoset Spirit is 3 generations back from the present generation.

An examiner might accept the data from the LCD screen; but, maybe not.

We have a few CDLs who have to show compliance on the forum - let's see if any of them reply.

And, BTW Welcome
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks..... I did just get a new machine... a ResMed Airsense 10.... but have only had it since Dec 30....so.... not enough time. Didn't think I could get anything....but thought to ask. Crossing my fingers....otherwise have wasted a lot of time getting trained.
Post Reply Post Reply
The machine likley has compliance data stored. Days and hours of use.
The Autoset Spirit looks like it has an old RS-232 serial cable connector on the back.
The great challenge is to get from RS-232 to USB which has become the defacto standard on newer computers.
Then finding a version of ResScan that is old enough to work with the Autoset Spirit.

We need a dinosaur that's done it before...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I am a technically challenged individual....so this sounds complicated..... but I did notice the connection at the rear of the machine.

Unfortunately, I need to accomplish this by Tuesday....otherwise it is of little value. I go to orientation testing on Wed am.

The clinicians report does show the number of total days, number of days used, and total hours. Just hoping that the digital read out will suffice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi busylady12,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hopefully, you can get the information you are looking for.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Take the current report, and bring the older machine. Documentation from any doctor treating you during the period with the older machine may be able to document the absence of any issues during that period, which also may help.

Note: I'm an epidemiologist, not a medical provider. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-11-2017, 11:22 PM)Beej Wrote: Take the current report, and bring the older machine. Documentation from any doctor treating you during the period with the older machine may be able to document the absence of any issues during that period, which also may help.

Also take the invoice for the new machine, so they can compare the number of days of compliance with the number of days you've had the machine, to show a good faith effort at compliance.
Post Reply Post Reply
I drive under CDL rules and have to prove compliance for my DOT medical certification. Your best bet is to have your sleep doctor print you a compliance report using the data you have on your new machine. Also ask him to write you a letter of compliance based on the information displayed on your old machine. Take the compliance reports as well as your old machine to the examiners. All they are interested in is proof you have been using your machine. We had a driver who had a hard time meeting compliance. The DOT examiners gave him extra time to meet compliance. When he did meet compliance he was put on a 90 day compliance schedule for 6 months and then went to the standard yearly schedule. I think it is possible they will accept the limited data you have and ask you to prove compliance again when you have more data.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AutoSet for Her Mode brainfoggysleeper 4 222 02-25-2024, 10:17 PM
Last Post: brainfoggysleeper
  How to read the Snore Graph daz2264 0 275 12-30-2023, 03:42 PM
Last Post: daz2264
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 283 261,272 11-10-2023, 10:24 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  1 year sleep results came back. i'm not sure how to read it. Jenn84 1 474 06-26-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  [Diagnosis] need to read OSCAR diagnostic please help Claudia62 8 605 06-07-2023, 04:49 PM
Last Post: Claudia62
  [CPAP] Oscar cannot read ResMed 10 SD Card gsf1 2 533 04-27-2023, 04:48 PM
Last Post: Jeff8356
  [Diagnosis] Can anyone read the Apnealink Data? ImNotRobot 0 428 03-23-2023, 01:23 AM
Last Post: ImNotRobot

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.