Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Going from Full to Nasal mask
Going from Full to Nasal mask
Hi there 

I am 2 months in therapy and it's going very well. I'm averaging on a 1.9 AHI.. and with the Full mask there are days where my apneas went to 3.8.  With the summer here I decided to test the Resmed N20 Nasal mask and I see my apneas have increased to 3.3 to 4.0 . The mask is much more comfortable than the Full mask and I really want to keep it permanently.  Is there reason to be concerned  that my apneas are up a bit with the Nasal?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Going from Full to Nasal mask
It is not uncommon to require a pressure adjustment with a mask change, going from an FFM usually means a pressure reduction is possible.  It's also possible that you just need a bit of time to adjust.

If you could post your nightly Sleepyhead charts, organized as per my signature links, it would help us a lot on advice we send your way.
You are in the tweaking phase of treatment. That means that even with the slight rise in AHI (good job in noticing) you are doing very well by the numbers.  Much more important at this stage is how you feel so How do you feel?

(edit)
I see that you are using MyAir.  My Air is ok for providing an oversight.  SleepyHead. which is free, provides a very detailed view, down to a breath by breath detail if needed and the basic charts provide us with most of the info we need to assist you with your CPAP journey.  It is strongly suggested you set up and use sleepyhead.  I cannot provide a specific suggestion to you without it.  In other words it would be a guess,
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks alot. I will try to load Sleepyhead tonight and post when I'm done.  Thanks for now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Zainabpb,

Did you change your machine in the settings to FFM?
You will need to go into clinicians settings to do this.
Hold both the big round know and the long one at the bottom for a few seconds, go into settings by pushing the round knob.
Turn knob until you find the mask, change to full-faced mask.  This will tell the machine to adjust the air flow for a FFM.
Just in case you didn't realise you have to do this.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Wink 
Hi thanks. I wasn't aware of the settings. I assume they set it to FFM when I bought the machine as this was my first mask. I'm currently on a nasal loan mask for the past few days. I'm struggling to set up Sleepyhead as I am having issues with my laptop.  I will check the settings on the machine and change it to Nasal mask tonight. 

Thanks will keep you posted. 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=8932][attachment=8933][attachment=8935][attachment=8934][attachment=8931]
Post Reply Post Reply
Post your daily charts, read the organize link.  I see nothing abnormal in what you have posted.  I'm looking to see if there are signs of leakage that you are unaware of or something like that with your new mask

All this looks good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 100 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 527 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 326 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,081 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,229 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,611 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.