Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Going from a BiPAP Auto M-Series to a REMstar Pro
Going from a BiPAP Auto M-Series to a REMstar Pro
I need help. I have an old respironics M-Series which isn't working properly. The humidifier light blinks now so I quit using it because I read that it could start a fire. I've been without a machine now for over a month and I'm exhausted every day. Anyway, my father has a machine he barely used called a REMstar Pro C-Flex +. Ok on to my question. I found the pressure setting in the M-Series which is MaX Ipap 20 and Epap of 16. In the REMstar I only see one pressure setting. I'm not sure exactly what to set the REMstar to. Can anyone help me please? I'm desperate to get back to feeling normal again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Going from a BiPAP Auto M-Series to a REMstar Pro
Two different machines
Bi-level have two pressures, exhale pressure (EPAP) and inhale pressure (IPAP), the difference between EPAP and IPAP called "pressure support"

REMstar Pro C-Flex + is fixed pressure machine, one pressure setting, Flex setting drop pressure (3 levels to choose from) somewhat at the beginning of exhalation but not exactly pressure support.
The closet thing would be pressure 20 and Flex level 3, you might have to play with pressure setting a little to see what pressure feel more comfortable to breathe-in, start as the M-Series "IPAP 20" and work your way down
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2014, 08:45 PM)zonk Wrote: Two different machines
Bi-level have two pressures, exhale pressure (EPAP) and inhale pressure (IPAP), the difference between EPAP and IPAP called "pressure support"

REMstar Pro C-Flex + is fixed pressure machine, one pressure setting, Flex setting drop pressure (3 levels to choose from) somewhat at the beginning of exhalation but not exactly pressure support.
The closet thing would be pressure 20 and Flex level 3, you might have to play with pressure setting a little to see what pressure feel more comfortable to breathe-in, start as the M-Series "IPAP 20" and work your way down

Thanks a bunch for replying. I'll make sure and watch the diagnostics of the machine also to make sure it looks like everything is working well.
Post Reply Post Reply
C-Flex+ Pressure Relief http://www.healthcare.philips.com/au_en/...explus.wpd

SleepyHead software support your machine, the link is at the top of the page

[Image: attachment.php?aid=188]
Ensure "Show AHI/leak/PB is set to "ON", so the machine display the data on the screen

and

Welcome
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile Thanks you so much for your help. I really really appreciate it.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gravesmeister,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you in gettting your machine set up. Hopefully, you can get your BIPAP working for you.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2014, 08:59 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi gravesmeister,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Best of luck to you in gettting your machine set up. Hopefully, you can get your BIPAP working for you.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

Thank you so much. My BiPAP Auto quit working on me at the beginning of September and it took me a month to get into a doctor to talk about it. Then once the sleep center contacted me it's 3 months out for a consultation. Holy crap! I couldn't imagine having to wait another 3 months especially feeling really tired all the time. Thank god my dad has the same condition as I do LOL. And i'm thankful for this forum to help noobs like me figure everything out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 252 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 375 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  My inspiratory time is higher than expiratory on Auto S Bipap Stubert 3 380 02-01-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Remstar -> DS 1(new foam) mw1655 0 252 11-29-2023, 05:54 AM
Last Post: mw1655
  Respironic BiPAP M series pressure settings jamesmck 3 558 09-17-2023, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.