Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Treatment] UARS suggested settings?
RE: UARS suggested settings?
taikoe,
Your Welcome!

If you can master the tongue trick, it is well worth it. You would be able to open your mouth without air leakage and even talk. You can practice this while trying other things. Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks OpalRose! I changed up my mouth-taping technique last night and the leak rate dropped significantly - awesome tip about the square-top profile vs spikes.

Lot's of learning and training on my plate! 

Have a restful weekend!
Post Reply Post Reply
About those sudden arousals: you are probably experiencing hypnic jerks. They are pretty common and are not in themselves a cause for concern. But if they are preventing you from getting good sleep, then it's worth trying to address them.

Here is the general advice about how to reduce their frequency. Life has a way of limiting what we can actually do, but take a look at this list and see whether there's anything there you can try:

Reduce use of caffeine; eliminate it in the evening.
Reduce use of other alcohol; eliminate it for at least 3 hours before bedtime.
Reduce emotional stress; try simple meditation as part of the bedtime routine.
Eliminate physical exercise within 3 hours of bedtime.

Very frequent and bothersome episodes can be treated with clonazapam, though its side effects can include sleep disturbance and daytime drowsiness -- pretty counterproductive!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BiPAP Pressure for Possible UARS bertchintus 20 945 7 hours ago
Last Post: SingleH
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 158 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 63 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  New BiPAP user with UARS(?) tk2234 23 621 03-24-2024, 08:11 PM
Last Post: tk2234
  [Pressure] Bipap settings help? UARS and not sure what I'm doing Christina5818 6 195 03-23-2024, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Christina5818
  My doctor suggested patience Annecelesye 26 3,715 03-23-2024, 03:02 AM
Last Post: Annecelesye
  Catathrenia +/- UARS: Bilevel or ASV or other? empiricismandstatistics 0 79 03-21-2024, 04:37 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.