Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] H5i Humidifier not heating up enough?
H5i Humidifier not heating up enough?
I was so excited yesterday when I realized I could change setting in the clinician's menu. I did that but unfortunately, my humidifier still doesn't use water. I warmed it up this morning to "ready" and took out the water tank. I can hold my hand on the plate no problem. I thought I read somewhere you are not supposed to be able to touch it without being burned. I called Resmed and told the rep this and he said I'm not supposed to be able to hold my hand on a totally warmed up plate, to call them and have it replaced. Well so far I've called and they are supposed to call me back. I guess I have a defective unit. It took almost a month to figure this out. Can anyone enlighten me as to how hot the plate should be in a working H5i humidifier? I'm at the end of the line and about to stop trying.

PS: I hope all of you are having a pleasant morning despite the problems that constantly appear on a daily basis.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: H5i Humidifier not heating up enough?
Made an appointment;
I decided to get totally proactive in my old age. I called the provider's office and told them I called the company and the guy told me the unit is defective. She said to bring it in an we will do a swap! YES! I was sitting here totally overwhelmed <as usual>. That does no good. I've learned through many disability problems that no one can solve my problems but ME. I'll let you know how it turns out. But remember, if you can hold your hand on your totally warmed up H5i plate in the humidifier, it is defective. It's supposed to be so hot that it cannot be touched without burning the hand. DJ
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, they can get pretty hot. I'm glad they are going to do the swap for you. Let us know how it works.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi DJ,
Good to hear that they are going to swap with you, I know this can be very overwhelming but hang in there.
We'll be anxious to hear how things go.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the topic. Realized my H5i isn't getting hot so I'll be calling my DME today.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-25-2013, 09:18 AM)djjwilly Wrote: I was so excited yesterday when I realized I could change setting in the clinician's menu.

A sense of freedom.
A sense of power.
A sense of extending a middle finger in the direction of the "professionals."
I'm sure we all had such a moment.

Quote:I did that but unfortunately, my humidifier still doesn't use water. I warmed it up this morning to "ready" and took out the water tank. I can hold my hand on the plate no problem. I thought I read somewhere you are not supposed to be able to touch it without being burned.

Sometimes I wonder. Then again I find the plate can be warm but not hot. And when I use the ClimateLine (heated) hose it most certainly does go through water. So glad that I found a store that sells the stuff 4 litres for 99₵. During my brief stint with the FP model I found that sucker really heats up so they're not all the same.
Yet if you feel it's not working, no sense in making it difficult for yourself.

Quote:It took almost a month to figure this out. Can anyone enlighten me as to how hot the plate should be in a working H5i humidifier? I'm at the end of the line and about to stop trying.

After all this time I still don't know.

Quote:PS: I hope all of you are having a pleasant morning despite the problems that constantly appear on a daily basis.

How thoughtful.
How unfortunately realistic.
Okay, same to you.
Post Reply Post Reply
The thermal overload cutout is supposed to pop at 167 degrees F. About the same temp as a cup of hot coffee.
Normal operating temps should be around 115-145 F.

Hope this helps.
Best way to check might we with an infrared thermometer. Looks like a gun and you point it at the spot you want to measure & pull the trigger. Instant temp reading. Not super accurate but good enough for this application.

Hope this helps.
Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 769 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 354 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Extra Humidifier Water in Arid Climates DFWdude 19 2,161 12-13-2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: car54
  AirMini with Dreamstation Go humidifier chwang733 0 322 12-12-2023, 03:53 PM
Last Post: chwang733
  Airsense 11. Heating system error Jskier 3 6,187 12-12-2023, 11:30 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Humidifier wattage - Anyone know Pse? Kingsway 10 788 11-22-2023, 03:31 PM
Last Post: Kingsway

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.