Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Had it with lip leaks - going FFM
RE: Had it with lip leaks - going FFM
I used the pdf size thingy to figure out what size to get. Let me see if I can attach it.

[attachment=1098]

I'll have to wait until someone else is home to have help measuring. According to the thing I cut out, I fell right into the middle of the small.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Quattro FX FFM for several years - having previously had a much less positive experience with a F&P one - and agree with previous posts that it is an excellent mask.

But over the summer I switched to the Quattro AirFit F10 which in effect is the next generation version of the Quattro FX. I struggled with leaks at first, but persevered and after a few weeks learned how to keep the leaks under control.

As a previous poster said, it's really important to get the straps symmetrical - not just even lengths either side of the mask, but also to get the upper one the same distance (latitude & longitude, if you see what I mean) from the ears.

With both masks I sometimes have to check I've got them on; and provided the straps are aligned correctly and you tighten them following ResMed's instructions, they don't leak into the eyes.

The reason I persevered with the Quattro AirFit F10 was because, not only is it noticeably lighter, but it has only 3 parts, making it much easier & quicker to wash. That is especially valuable when travelling.

But both masks are great, at least for me, and I hope your new Quattro FX works well for you too.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-17-2014, 03:57 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I used the pdf size thingy to figure out what size to get. Let me see if I can attach it.

I'll have to wait until someone else is home to have help measuring. According to the thing I cut out, I fell right into the middle of the small.

I was told by the RT that fit me, that my face fell halfway between the medium and the small. He gave me a medium. I have a short distance from my upper lip to my nose. I have now tried the small also and find that either one does a good job.

It does take some work to get the fit right and I find that I do a better job if I do the fitting with my machine set to CPAP mode.-obviously with no ramp or EPR.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't like the points of measurement that the template has been designed to use. I think comparing a measurement between the points where you want the mask cushion to land to the actual cushion measurement center to center would be a better choice.

The nose bridge location doesn't necessarily dictate where the best landing area below could be.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I ignored the "chin wrinkle" thing. I figured it needed to sit below my lip and on the bridge of my nose. I used the template as a guide and just "winged" it. If it is the wrong size, they are not that far down the road and I can get another size.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I measured my medium mask cushion and I get 3 3/4" (95 mm.) from top center of the cushion to the bottom center.

As I stated earlier, my desired mask cushion landing spots on my face are only 2 7/8' apart (73 mm.) but I could tolerate anything from a 3" (76 mm.) to a 2 3/4" (70 mm.) span so that's why I'm thinking I may need a small rather than a medium. I can't be sure since I don't know what the small mask measures from those points. If I only knew the measurement of the small cushion, top center to bottom center, I could possibly decide better.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 10fntdh.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
OH! you want me to measure the MASK not my own face. Yeah, I can do that. I am blonde, you know, right? I will measure as soon as I get it. Just remind me. 'Cause I'm blonde. Remember that. 'Cause I won't.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Both would be nice. You can do the face measurement in the bathroom mirror. I just wish that ResMed would give us the measurements and not dumb it down to a printer produced template.

The reason I wanted your facial measurement is that if the small mask works for you and my face measures the same, it should work for me. This medium one is all I have ever used but I have trouble keeping the leaks down on it.

Thanks for your attention,
Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Hey Dude,

The measurement that you are after for the small Mirage Quattro is 3.5". Gaging the measurement on my face from the crease above my chin to the bridge of my nose adjacent to the corner of my eye (which is where Resmed thinks the mask should seal +/- .25") it just happens to be 3.5". The small works fine for me and I like the way that it fits better than the medium even though the medium worked well too.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 446 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 364 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 145 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 561 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 913 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 380 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 1,046 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.