Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Had it with lip leaks - going FFM
RE: Had it with lip leaks - going FFM
Hmm, I may need to get the XSmall then and set it lower. We'll see how it goes.

So the XSmall cushion sits inside the XSmall frame? You have to have a different frame for each size? It kinda makes sense but wow, expensive.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Paula, That's what I concluded when I saw your graphic but didn't want to be too pushy so I'm glad you see it the same way.

Best regards, Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
I'll call in the morning and have them change it. Easier to do it now than later.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Well Paula, any news?
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Just coming here to say it. Even though I called last week and it was supposed to go out Friday, TODAY, Tuesday, Bless His Stupid Idiot Heart Ron called today. They hadn't shipped it yet. I had to give them money first. NC didn't buy into the expanded Medicaid and I lost coverage. My SSDI is too much, apparently. Which is sad if someone is supposed to live on that.

Anyway, it was supposed to be shipped out today and I *might* get it tomorrow. But I'm betting Friday.

I did confirm they had changed the mask size.

I offered to go pick it up but their warehouse is about 2hrs south of me. Not worth it. Their Asheville office is now too small to stock anything and it all comes from the warehouse.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Boy, I hope that doesn't happen to me in Ohio. They took away $100 in food stamps when my SSDI started and that hurt enough.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
They sent me a Quattro Air for her. Not the Quattro Mirage I asked for. It is the xSmall though, so I'll give them half a half a half point for that.

The mask came yesterday to the post office. I went and picked it up this morning and just got finished opening it all up. I decided to try it out anyway.

The farting noise freaked out the one dog (he is nervous dog). He jumped off the bed, ran out the door, peeked back in, then ran off again. I didn't see him until I turned off the machine. I pretended I was going to put the mask back on and he shot back out the door. My dog just raised his head, looked at me like "What the heck are you doing now?" and laid back down. He did keep an eye on me though.

Anyway, I tried to keep the straps loose, to let the mask "float" like it is supposed to, but it rolled instead, which led to a massive mask fart that wouldn't stop. So I tightened the bottom. Then the top would start leaking into my eyes so I tightened that just a little. Which unsettled the bottom.

If I looked upward, the leaks were fine. The mask fit. Even if I held the hose in my hand, there were no leaks. But as soon as I looked forward, lit leaked like mad. I need to try it laying down next. But at that point, I was so frustrated, I gave up.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 6 278 03-26-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: psinderbrand
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 225 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  relationship to flow rate and leaks sleepingbetterinFl 2 133 03-19-2024, 10:47 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Concerned about large leaks sleepingbetterinFl 5 158 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 105 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 491 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 755 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.