Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Has Your Philips Dreamstation Humidifier Lid Latch Failed?
RE: Has Your Philips Dreamstation Humidifier Lid Latch Failed?
Same thing happened to me.  My dreamstation in 3 1/2 years old.   I had noticed my humidifier latch was not "snapping" shut the last few days. Last night it popped open in the middle of the night. Would not stay closed once the air started.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you are under Medicare, talk to your DME (if you have one). My wife's Dreamstation failed after the warranty our DME told her Medicare requires them to warranty the machine for 5 years. They sent her a new machine, we sent the old one back and never got charged (never saw an EOB from Medicare either).
Homer

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Monitors are also Advisory Members, just with Extra Work assigned.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
We're having the same issue.  The spring has broken.  Replaced the latch thinking that would fix the problem, but that's how we discovered the 2 broken little plastic springs.  I don't believe Philips has not hear this complaint.  We'll be contacting them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, it just started popping open after about 20 minutes of running.... IOW, just as dozing off.  I can’t believe the latch is so weak, or that I’d not noticed it before.  I'll contact my doctor and Philips.
Post Reply Post Reply
Just one thing I've found to be careful of: Don't overfill the water tank.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good advice, though I guess I don’t understand the connection between that and a latch that’s failed about about 1000 uses. 

Living in South Louisiana, I never need to add more than a couple ounces of water to the tank.  There’s always water remaining in the AM.
Post Reply Post Reply
My Dreamstation plastic latch "springs" broke too.

My current fix is to hold the latch in the closed position until the unit starts and then air pressure seems to keep pressure on the latch and therefore from sliding open.  I agree a bad design to have that type of spring.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a 3+ yr (2017) old machine and the same thing just happened to mine.

Mine just started doing that.  It's about 3.5 years old too.
Post Reply Post Reply
my latch has been failing for lest few weeks.
the top flys open and I do not catch it but my wife heard it and wakes her up
sometimes happening two or three times a night.

tonight I will try something under latch to see if that stops the latch from opening.

tred to call customer service at respiraonics and not able to get through.
failed latch humidifier for dream station
Post Reply Post Reply
my dreamstation lid latch failed.
the lid pops open several times each night.
I finally placed a cardboard under the latch after the water tank is filled.
it stayed closed all night.
what is the Respironics phone number to call.
I tried three times on the Respironics number I have an never got through live person
after about 2 hours.

I was looking at the Dreamstation GO with integrated humidifier.
but I think it is smaller and noisier.

But now I see the new Dreamstation 2 AUTO with heated humidifier..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 2 93 Yesterday, 09:09 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,937 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 54 4,803 04-11-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: TimaaaaaaaahRocks
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 348 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 246 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,803 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,882 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.