Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Heated Hose and Supplemental Oxygen for REMStar Auto
RE: Heated Hose and Supplemental Oxygen for REMStar Auto
The device is called an oxygen bleed adapter for CPAP tubing. With a heated hose, it usually fits between the tube and the mask so as not to interfere with the electrical contacts at the humidifier. Oxygen bleed adapters have 22 mm ends and should work with CPAP masks and tubing. In the case of this image, the tube fits over the narrow end, and the mask fits into the wide end.

[Image: Oxygen_bleed_adaptor.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's what he brought, didn't fit for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
It fits. I've used one on the dreamstation with heated hose.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
it goes between the mask and the hose Google : Oxygen Enrichment Adapter
some masks have a ferrule that can get stuck inside the hose, see if that's the issue.
you tape the o2 line along the hose.
some mask have a port, you may fine one of those that fit you as well, as another option.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
It's probably more convenient to use an O2 injection adapter, probably available from most DMEs. It's a short plastic tube that fits into your hose on one end, and accepts the mask tube on the other, with a small tee tube in the middle for the O2 hose.

Of course, if you have a ResMed 10-series machine, they make a hose that accepts the O2 tube right down by the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is how I do my set-up with oxygen for a ResMed Air Sense 10:

Plug the heated hose into the PAP machine and bring the O2 hose right to the back of it.  Wrap the heated PAP hose and the O2 tube in a zippered hose cover.  Run both up to the end of the hose cover to where the adapter comes into play and then attach CPAP mask/ pillow transition hose.

I was running the hose and tube separately but the hose cover ties it into a neat complete package.

[Image: W1nnDxIl.jpg]

[Image: TudPK6Rl.jpg]

[Image: rOQFEOLl.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Great idea! Wish I had thought of that when I was using O2. like
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-23-2018, 09:28 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: It fits.  I've used one on the dreamstation with heated hose.

You tried it with Dreamstation and Dreamwear mask? Didn't work for me or the 02 guy . 
My solution works for me and I see other solutions work for others.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: 9KQlbNVl.jpg]

Here is your Dreamwear mask attached to an O2 adapter attached to a Dreamstation heated hose.

Look's like it works to me.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-25-2018, 10:32 PM)Walla Walla Wrote: [Image: 9KQlbNVl.jpg]

Here is your Dreamwear mask attached to an O2 adapter attached to a Dreamstation heated hose.

Look's like it works to me.
I can tell it's not your normal set up since there is no oxygen hose hooked up! That said I played around with mine and your right it does work if you do it right. However personally I think it's more a pain to have to run oxygen line all the way up hose. 

Either way both solutions work , yours is less expensive but mine works better for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need best way to secure my hose/tube sleepingbetterinFl 2 77 04-21-2024, 05:16 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Regular vs Slimline Hose for Airsense 10 Auto IIII 27 7,681 04-12-2024, 02:13 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 495 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  Oxygen levels below 90% for 7% of night and below 94% for 34% inspite of Bipap bhavintu79 14 810 03-08-2024, 05:06 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
Question Hose volume Willw 4 293 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 1,013 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  AirMini with Oxygen darral.freund 2 1,007 02-08-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: darral.freund

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.