Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Heated hose, bad night
Heated hose, bad night
New User.

We keep the heat low in our house, so I was getting rainout during the first 30 days. However, I had 100% compliance and AHIs were 1.5-9.5.

In order to reduce rainout, i requested a heated hose. Last night was the first night with heated hose and was also my first noncompliant night ever. I was only able to use the machine for 2 hours and slept terribly. My nose was red, too; what does that mean? I set the humidifier on 5, so I guess that I will try turning it down tonight. Any other suggestions.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Heated hose, bad night
(11-04-2012, 02:28 PM)1440 minutes Wrote: Any other suggestions.
welcome to the forum
1- hose cozy for the non-heated hose, fleecy type material insulate the hose to keep the air warm and place machine slightly lower than the bed
2- there are 3 levels of relative humidity adjustment 70/80/90% (heated hose) in the setup menu. this video would helps
http://vimeo.com/41393273

Post Reply Post Reply
I thought you said your HOSE was red, and I was going to say it shouldn't get that hot.

Turn the hose off and try it that way. Or switch back to the old hose.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might turn your humidity down a notch or two and see if that helps you, best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the aliens were at work last night. I switched over to a heated hose last night and had a very bad night too.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
One night is not a trend. It is one night.

All a heated hose does is heat the hose. A warm hose will prevent the water from condensing inside the hose.

I don't see how it would effect therapy. It is a comfort thing, not a treatment thing. The first time I used a heated hose, I slept great! Why? I didn't get woken up to a gurgling hose. Normally I would get woken up at least twice.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed, one night is not a trend. Our room temp goes to 60 at night, so I switched to the heated hose to eliminate breathing cold air.

I was warm & toasty under the covers, but my lungs were cold.

Can't explain why, but the extra 6 inches of hose with resmed heated hose was a major annoyance last night.

Dave
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not think the Climateline heats up the air enough to make it any warmer than with a regular hose. My brother works for a flow meter company, solids, liquid, and gas. I'm going to ask him if he has any doohickey gadgetry that would measure the temperature of the air.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-04-2012, 08:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I do not think the Climateline heats up the air enough to make it any warmer than with a regular hose. My brother works for a flow meter company, solids, liquid, and gas. I'm going to ask him if he has any doohickey gadgetry that would measure the temperature of the air.

Eagerly awaiting the temperature readings at the mask end
Joseph
Post Reply Post Reply
I have found the best humidifier setting for myself is 3.5 although it is and the temp is set to 30C, although it is getting to close to summer here
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Hose volume Willw 4 235 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  Using the heated tube on Dream Station 2 arpegio 4 951 02-16-2024, 06:52 PM
Last Post: arpegio
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 228 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 356 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 577 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,288 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.