Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Help! Need advice re: problem machine
RE: Help! Need advice re: problem machine
Hi Me50, thank you! The mask is a mirage activa shallow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help! Need advice problem machine
(11-28-2013, 08:49 PM)Amberbamber5 Wrote: Hi Paula,
Thank you! Yes it is the auto set. I had sent hubby up to read it for me. Tongue I live in Canada and the tech told me that they aren't ALLOWED to leave the settings unlocked. Gr. I figured out how to override and reset the system to defaults, then turn the pressure setting back on, EPR and ramp off. She also said that I can't read my own data because it requires the ResMed software. Is this not the case? Regardless, I'm told it looks normal...

You can download sleepy head software and read your own data. My RT told me they couldn't change the pressure settings without a new prescription but she set mine at 5 to 20 initially and my script was for 4 to 20. I have changed mine myself as many others have too.

If you need help with getting the sleepy head software or need to know how to access the clinical menu, let us know.

welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help! Need advice problem machine
(11-28-2013, 08:43 PM)Amberbamber5 Wrote: Meanwhile I have the S9 and the S8 loaner so I can play around a bit... Any other suggestions of changes that may help?
Some people reported higher hypopnea events with the S8, both S9 and S8 AutoSets respond to apnea events in a different manner
For a comparison, one need setting both machines on CPAP mode at fixed pressure
Post Reply Post Reply
You may have already figured out how to change the settings, but if not you can download the Clinician manual from here (see links at top of the page). As for requiring their software, that is totally bogus. I strongly recommend that you download Sleepyhead from Sourceforge - I think there are links somewhere on Apnea Board. Sleepyhead is free, open source and you can run it on Windows, MacOS or Linux. Most people think it's better than the Resmed software anyway.
Post Reply Post Reply
The tech is lying to you or doesn't know what she is talking about or doesn't want you to know about the settings and software, below is the like to the software.
You will need card reader, the same as a digital camera or your PC may have one built in.
We can help you after you have installed it or if you have any issues.
I'll also give you the links to the Youtube videos on sleepyhead, just skip the annoying ads.
A lot of us take our therapy into our own hands and check our data regularly, there is a lot of imformation, the most important numbers are your AHI under 5 which yours is and leaks below 24l, let us know how you go.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAnzBVWYD4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmhXkmeJDIM
Post Reply Post Reply
Like the others have said, there are two software you can use with the S9.

ResScan which is ResMed's software, is available here on the forum.
SleepyHead is an opensource software designed by a fellow user.

Most folks start out using both to figure out which one they prefer. Unless you have a Mac. Then you can only use SleepyHead.

You can also get the Clinician Manual for your machine which tells you more about it and tells you how to get into the Sooper Sekrit Clinician settings (where you change pressure and a few other things). The Clinician manual is also available here on the forum.

The PRS1, the other machine you are considering trying, is also compatible with SleepyHead. PR makes their own software but I don't think very many people use it. It is called Encore with various versions of that name.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
I have tried both on straight CPAP and the S9 still didn't work for me. Sad
I'm hoping I get the PR machine soon and that it will work. My OB said I new this sorted out ASAP for the sake of the baby. In the next 4 weeks tops.

Thank you all for your support and advice. I feel better just knowing others understand. And the good sleep last night with the S8 helped too. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 14 251 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Expat31
  New Here, Been using OSCAR, Need Advice Regarding Adjustments FrankReality 26 853 03-26-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: FrankReality
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 43 1,783 03-25-2024, 08:58 PM
Last Post: Uzupan
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 4,558 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [Pressure] Looking for advice about ASV settings rosebladepat 7 143 03-15-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  [Treatment] Looking for Advice jlacassin 0 77 03-15-2024, 03:51 PM
Last Post: jlacassin

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.