Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Help! ResMed tubing won't heat up!
Help! ResMed tubing won't heat up!
I have a resmed air sense 10 and have been using it for just over a year with eson nasal masks with no issues. I've traveled with it plenty of times but we just returned and now the tubing is refusing to heat up. My temperature settings are completely missing and it's blowing cold air and pooling very badly. My tech is closed over the holidays and I need help now. What can I do? I've tried a different tube (that is when then problems started, my first tube change since I got the machine) and switched back to the old tube. I've restarted. I'm desperate. Can't sleep without my CPAP...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help! ResMed tubing won't heat up!
Normally when a heated tube is connected, the machine offers options for setting the tube temperature, whether Climate setting is in auto or manual mode. So for some reason, your machine is not detecting that a heated hose is connected. That would be one or more of the electrical contacts in the humidifier output or in the tube itself.

Until you can get your problem looked at by your supplier, my suggestion would be to do nothing other than inspect and clean the contacts with an alcohol wipe. If you see a bent or misaligned contact, try to gently correct that. If that doesn't work, cover the hose with a fleece cover, or improvise something to keep it comfortable and insulated. The last thing you want to do is anything that might affect your warranty.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
A heated pad on LOW may help until you get it fixed. Wrap it loosely around the hose. Test it for getting too warm.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm sure you did this but just in case make sure you hear the tube click into the seating behind the machine to ensure the connection is snug and fit. It must be all the way in and properly seated. Next go into the clinical setup menu and see what the settings options are and then set them back to your settings if you can.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sunshie,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I hope you get your problem straightened out, soon.
Good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy, hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Using cleaning brushes in heated tubing TiredTom111 9 606 01-29-2024, 08:30 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  ResMed AirSense 11 + ClimateLine 11 Heated Tubing + Oxygen YankeeLaker 2 355 01-22-2024, 08:17 PM
Last Post: YankeeLaker
  Soft Cervical Collar and Heat Retention Columbiabill 3 369 01-21-2024, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Mold issue / cleaning CPAP (the unit, not tubing), Resmed S9 NightOwl42 9 755 01-19-2024, 11:29 PM
Last Post: NightOwl42
  Oxyair tubing for Resmed AS11? CactusJack2 2 392 12-25-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: CactusJack2
Gross [Equipment] HELP! Heat & Humidity settings are Choking Me! James87 3 372 12-21-2023, 11:00 AM
Last Post: James87
  Tubing Mod to Reduce Resmed Airmini + Zephair adapter Inhalation Noise dil950 1 623 12-21-2023, 06:04 AM
Last Post: RSki

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.