Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Help With S9 VPAP Auto Settings
RE: Help With S9 VPAP Auto Settings
I do not suffer from aerophagia but my thoughts are as follows. It appears from what I have seen written that with aerophagia one wants to reduce the average pressure while maintaining enough pressure to reduce OAs. The auto mode and bi-level should both be instrumental in accomplishing this and it becomes a matter of finding the right combination, which is what both of you are doing. I think there is probably a threshold PS beyond which little is gained and some may be lost due to the increasing pressure jump to inspiration. One thing you might also look at, since there is no rise time adjustment in auto mode, is Ti(max). The factory default setting for Ti(max) is 2.0 seconds. I believe it is in the clinical manual that there is a table of suggested Ti(max) and Ti(min) settings based on normal respiratory rate and the Ti(max) settings are mostly below 2.0. Reducing this to the suggested setting might limit your time at IPAP thus reducing the time weighted average pressure possibly to the benefit of the aerophagia.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
After six weeks of auto bi-level therapy I'm happy to report a great deal of success. I now have Max IPAP at 13.6, Min EPAP at 5.8, and PS at 4.2. This allows me to start out at a IPAP of 10 and have it increased as needed. It occasionally goes above 12 and rarely above 13. I am only very rarely aware of air-swallowing and there is no gas.

My AHI stays between 0.3 and 3.0. It's never been this low. Smile
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleepster,
CONGRATULATIONS!
good news. It's great to hear that you have had such good success. I know you have been working on this for quite a while, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-09-2014, 09:36 PM)Sleepster Wrote: After six weeks of auto bi-level therapy I'm happy to report a great deal of success. I now have Max IPAP at 13.6, Min EPAP at 5.8, and PS at 4.2. This allows me to start out at a IPAP of 10 and have it increased as needed. It occasionally goes above 12 and rarely above 13. I am only very rarely aware of air-swallowing and there is no gas.

My AHI stays between 0.3 and 3.0. It's never been this low. Smile

Hi Sleepster,

What are your settings for Trigger sensitivity (lower setting means later/delayed transition to IPAP after start of inhalation) and Cycle sensitivity (lower setting means later/delayed transition to EPAP near end of inhalation)?

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-10-2014, 12:10 AM)vsheline Wrote: What are your settings for Trigger sensitivity (lower setting means later/delayed transition to IPAP after start of inhalation) and Cycle sensitivity (lower setting means later/delayed transition to EPAP near end of inhalation)?

I've just left those at the default settings, Vaughn. I haven't had the inclination to play around with them yet.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,233 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 583 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 314 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.