Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Just switched from Dreamstation to Vauto
RE: Just switched from Dreamstation to Vauto
As Opal Rose says, you may want to lower the PS. If you do, I would suggest setting it a 4.0 just to see what happens to both CAs and flow limitations. With that information in hand, you will be in a better position to decide what adjustments to consider next.

But choose ONE experiment for tonight: EITHER increasing Trigger OR decreasing PS.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is what it looks like...

There are centrals and around them quite irregular breathing.

Little bit confused

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
My suggested settings in the thread were for PS 4.0.  It is the wash-out of CO2 that is causing the centrals.  After viewing your results, I will suggest an EPAP min of 7.0.  BTW, you have eliminated flow limitation, but went too far with pressure support.  Read my recommended settings again:

(06-12-2020, 08:13 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: When you get your Vauto machine, accessing the menu is very easy. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

You are currently using a minimum pressure of 9.0 and maximum pressure of 20 on your Dreamstation and are experiencing significant flow limitation, so we are going to start with a conservative minimum pressure and 4.0 cm pressure support. There are many more settings we may consider after seeing your results, but for now, most will be at default settings.  Enter the settings menu and set the following:
Mode: Vauto
EPAP min: 8.0  7.0
Max Pressure: 20.0 (IPAP max)
Pressure Support: 4.0
Trigger Sensitivity: Medium High
Cycle Sensitivity Medium
Ti Min: 0.30
Ti Max: 2.0
Humidifier to manual
Setting 3 or 4
Tube temp 27 C

This will provide pressures ranging from 12/8 to 20/16 (IPAP/EPAP). I'm certain you will feel more comfortable. We need to review your results and tolerance to flow limitation before making additional changes.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2020, 12:21 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: My suggested settings in the thread were for PS 4.0.  It is the wash-out of CO2 that is causing the centrals.  After viewing your results, I will suggest an EPAP min of 7.0.  BTW, you have eliminated flow limitation, but went too far with pressure support.  Read my recommended settings again:

(06-12-2020, 08:13 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: When you get your Vauto machine, accessing the menu is very easy. https://www.apneaboard.com/resmed-airsen...setup-info

You are currently using a minimum pressure of 9.0 and maximum pressure of 20 on your Dreamstation and are experiencing significant flow limitation, so we are going to start with a conservative minimum pressure and 4.0 cm pressure support. There are many more settings we may consider after seeing your results, but for now, most will be at default settings.  Enter the settings menu and set the following:
Mode: Vauto
EPAP min: 8.0  7.0
Max Pressure: 20.0 (IPAP max)
Pressure Support: 4.0
Trigger Sensitivity: Medium High
Cycle Sensitivity Medium
Ti Min: 0.30
Ti Max: 2.0
Humidifier to manual
Setting 3 or 4
Tube temp 27 C

This will provide pressures ranging from 12/8 to 20/16 (IPAP/EPAP). I'm certain you will feel more comfortable. We need to review your results and tolerance to flow limitation before making additional changes.
Oh man thank you so much!

As you can see my concenration is really low Sad

I already set it now as you said.

I totally forgot. Came home late from Vienna, set it somewhere where old APAP was getting rid of those obstructives and decided to make pressure support to 7 and later when I saw those centrals to 5.6. I thought give it some kick, if there are some narrow airways, to make pressure support help squeeze the air in through them.

I'm not sure if that is smart? But why is pressure support always the same.

1. Wouldn't it be smart to have dynamic pressure support to adjust to the actual flow limitation? I assume flow limitation can get worse and airways become more narrow, wouldn't it be smart to jack up the pressure support then breath by breath to have it variable...

2. What do you think of S mode with this back up breath .  I tried it and i stopped breathing on purpose, and then it gently inhaled for me which was weird. It filled up my lungs quite nicely. It was weird. I assume in my case it would cause even more hypocapnia and thus even more centrals. But I just wonder?! When could it be useful and why everyone says this machine has no backup breath?

3. Is there a way to monitor these changes in real time? So I can ask someone to change things while I sleep? Like idk... I've seen some wireless option on this thing...
Post Reply Post Reply
@Dormeo

I will do as sleeprider said, I will set all as he said and see what we get so that wll be starting point.

To be honest my starting point was just random guess whatever I put in and went to sleep
Post Reply Post Reply
Instead of playing "what-if" and "20 questions", try implementing the recommendation that Sleeprider listed above and see how you do.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-23-2020, 03:22 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Instead of playing "what-if" and "20 questions", try implementing the recommendation that Sleeprider listed above and see how you do.

I already have set it... I just came home late yesterday and completely forgot where I am, who I am or was...

it's really horrible how bad my concentration is, I've touched the rock bottom like 1 month ago.

This is good now, how low I was.
Post Reply Post Reply
So I did adjustments as sleeprider has suggested and got what I think are good results.

I will make a new thread for comparison of the previous and new results because this thread was basically about centrals with vauto and to be honest at the beginning people might get impression that vauto is not good.

I will make a new thread now where i will right away post the results and compare to people can see.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 716 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  new machine Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto Uzupan 32 1,345 03-10-2024, 07:29 AM
Last Post: Uzupan

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.