Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Help with Respironics 550 suffix letters/Models
Help with Respironics 550 suffix letters/Models
Hi.
I recently got a prescription for CPAP, but I don't have insurance, so I need to shop around. I had a brick and mortar DME try to sell me a Remstar Auto with A-Flex and humidifier that had a tag on the bottom with a model number 550P for some silly high price. But I'm not finding a 550P elsewhere for comparison. I don't know what the P signifies. Is there some guide to Remstar models with different letters following the 550?

Thank you,
Rick
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help with Respironics 550 suffix letters/Models
Did a Google search for Respironics 550P. Found a commercial site with it listed as the heading. "Respironics Auto C-PAP 550P". Another says "PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex" with "Item #DS550P-DS550S". That site said it is no longer available and sells a newer model (PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP, according to them)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-07-2012, 11:06 PM)JackLaBear Wrote: I don't know what the P signifies. Is there some guide to Remstar models with different letters following the 550?
Thank you,
Rick
Phillips Respironics Remstar System One Auto DS550
http://respironicsremstars.respironics.c...emstar.jpg

For best prices you can not pass secondwind for new or gently used machines including S9 Autoset (Supplier #2)
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...plier-List

imo the S9 Autoset is the better machine mainly bc it gives you valuable data on the screen including mask leak (unintentional leak) which isn't available on the PRS1

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Huh
Huhsign
I have recently purchased an APAP machine online from US. I too have found it confusing and difficult to interpret model numbers for Respironics machines. Some sites quote a model number - I note that sometimes it is the individual's business' own SKU code that mimics the supplier SKU code i.e. AU560ST vs DS560ST - whilst others sites just have a description of model.

A specific model could have many variations on the description which also makes it confusing when searching the web for a specific model - Most sections the Phillips/Respironics web sites seems to avoid referring to specific model number.

I assume this reluctance to identify specific model numbers is to keep the information generic so that they businesses Huhsignavoid the headache of web site maintenance due to the continuous release of upgrades
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 184 29,854 04-01-2024, 12:26 PM
Last Post: RayBee
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 270 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 860 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 873 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Philips Respironics DreamStation check power Steve Foley 18 22,745 01-07-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: zebedee
  Philips Respironics DreamStation not reaching Max Pressure Xsoldier2000 15 2,404 01-05-2024, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Tom Buck
  Respironics Recall Resolved Jeremy H 0 373 09-16-2023, 05:20 AM
Last Post: Jeremy H

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.