Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does the Resmed BiPAP VAuto have "For Her" or "Soft Mode" equivalents/
Does the Resmed BiPAP VAuto have "For Her" or "Soft Mode" equivalents/
Just asking about this as a General Question, and not therapy advice,  because I am still not coping with my Airsense 10.

Some success with Soft Mode, and some success with For Her mode, but not nearly where I need to be ( I am thinking flow limitations and will post separately on this)

If I move to the VAuto do I loose these options?

Or are there other settings that would give equivalent effect or results?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does the Resmed BiPAP VAuto have "For Her" or "Soft Mode" equivalents/
There is not a For Her or alternative auto algorithms for the Vauto. I would argue none are needed. First, Vauto can more effectively treat flow limitation than any CPAP, so if you are using pressure support and other settings effectively, there is no need for a soft mode or For Her. There are also settings to adjust time of inspiration and the sensitivity of trigger and cycle which can fine-tune therapy. The whole point of the For Her algorithm is to increase initial response to flow limitation and limit pressure increases due to OA. A properly adjusted Vauto is not going to fluctuate more than 2-3 cm anyway, so why worry about alternate auto algorithms?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Does the Resmed BiPAP VAuto have "For Her" or "Soft Mode" equivalents/
Thank you Sleeprider

I bought the Airsense 10 For Her because I thought these extra options of Soft Mode and For Her might be useful.
I have not found them to be the Key to Success, (likely because my pressures are still not optimal.)
But it is nice to have the "option" to go back to them.

I did find that because the For Her mode holds the pressures up there for longer, it reduced the peaks and troughs of pressures fluctuations during the night.
(I only ever tried this with EPR 1 and I clearly need more PS.)
It is interesting that the flatter profile of pressure fluctuations seems to be something between what I would expect between CPAP and APAP.
The result was the the Median and 95% EPAPs tend to be kept higher than on APAP mode, which is good for eliminating OSAs but not good if you are sensitive to higher pressures.

I am reassured by your comment, where you said:

"A properly adjusted Vauto is not going to fluctuate more than 2-3 cm anyway, so why worry about alternate auto algorithms?"

Many thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 549 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO
  New Bi Level AC/11 VAUTO skcampbell2 19 460 03-18-2024, 02:27 PM
  Oscar not recording CSR and RE with Aircurve 10 Vauto rmfisher132 1 87 03-17-2024, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  What machine? VAuto vs ASV snapperzz 3 138 03-16-2024, 10:55 AM
  New diagnosis, Vauto on the way, some questions SBTApnea 12 719 03-15-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 250 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.